Suspension Questions (Why & How)

MarcB

Paid Member
Right I'm now a tad confused and don't understand why or how so I'm looking for some help and input if possible before I start asking questions at RUK.

So items for the 197/200 are a pain to get suspension wise and what I mean by this is the following items -

Lower Ball Joint Pivot Hub
Upper Ball Joint
Lower Arm / Wishbone Ball Joint

All these parts don't seem to be sold on there own apart from the Lower Ball Joint Pivot Hub which we all know is an OCAP item which can be bought from EuroCarParts but as I found out today there is no Uk stock at all and there is not one depo that have any in stock.

We all see that there is an RS Dealer in Poland by the name of "RoFag" that can get these item above but there prices are a little over the top.
Now from looking at the "Rofag" website & eBay page they state that all items are "GENUINE RENAULT" but what I don't understand is how they are getting them or where they are coming from and why there is no stockist in the UK with genuine items.

Now if these are genuine Renault items they must be ordered through the Renault parts system so I'm guessing that like all RS genuine parts they will come from dieppe france.

From what I can see its only "RoFag" that sell these and claim they are genuine but I would love to know how as surly if these parts are OCAP, FEBI, KEYPARTS or FIRSTLINE surly Renault will not be happy at these being sold as a genuine new Renault part as stated on the eBay links below.

Can anyone shed any light on this or have any info as to how RoFag get these or how they are selling them ?

Lower Ball Joint Pivot Hub - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-GENUI...460806?hash=item2ee996a9c6:g:fsMAAOSwdzVXr0si
d-x07-!151744_P7150124.JPG

Upper Ball Joint - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-GENUI...&sd=201487460806&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1
d-x07-!151744_P7150122.JPG

Lower Arm / Wishbone Ball Joint - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-GENUI...314595?hash=item2ede3200e3:g:FvMAAOSwHMJYG6Pn
d-x11-!032103_PB031511.JPG

The Rofag lower ball joints are definitely OCAP as I got two a few weeks ago. It might be that Renault has less control / influence in Poland and can't manage the supply of spare parts from their OE suppliers.

The same applies to the supply of lemforder anti rotation links.

Probably as Renault wants you to buy the entire hub carrier which includes the ball joint..

You can get them through R-Sport too but I dunno if they get them direct from Renault.

As said it's an easy cash cow for Renault to sell replacement parts at silly prices and specific combinations especially if there "one off's" for a particular model, I wouldn't be surprised if they were manufactured in Poland hence the rofag link...

Slightly off topic but I was looking to buy the older style Renault Sport gearknob from ROFAG, you can no longer get these from Renault UK. Numerous messages back and forth and I still think there is something not right about ROFAG. They say they have lots of these gearknobs in stock and are genuine but none of them have the original box they came in?

My wishbone balljoint needed replacing, but I ended up buying the whole wishbone from Rofag instead as it made more sense.
It just got delivered and it is an original Renault part, in the bag with part number.

The rear discs I ordered from them are SNR who are the OEM maker for the bearings and discs. I'm happy with the price as I normally buy from RPD, but these both including the delivery were a massive amount cheaper (the wishbone was nearly £70 cheaper alone).

I dont have an issue with buying from RoFag.

What I want to know is why there is no Uk Stockist for the above 3 items or anyone who can match there prices.

If these are genuine parts with OE numbers they will have to be bought from the Renault group in France and Renault sell there parts to all dealers at the same prices with same discounts so how are RoFag getting these parts and how they selling them cheap?

Does anyone have any contact for R-Sports (Website, E-mail, Number)

I just dont get why one of the biggest markets for the Renault Sport Clio is the UK and we are getting shafted

I dont have an issue with buying from RoFag.

What I want to know is why there is no Uk Stockist for the above 3 items or anyone who can match there prices.

If these are genuine parts with OE numbers they will have to be bought from the Renault group in France and Renault sell there parts to all dealers at the same prices with same discounts so how are RoFag getting these parts and how they selling them cheap?

Does anyone have any contact for R-Sports (Website, E-mail, Number)

I just dont get why one of the biggest markets for the Renault Sport Clio is the UK and we are getting shafted

There is a UK stockist, speak to R-Sport contact details are at the bottom of their webpage: http://www.rsportonline.co.uk

If rofag is the manufacturer or in someway dealing with them then they are getting them before renault, hence no markup on price. If you walk into any renault dealers with the correct part number for the ball joint more than likely computer says no hence why dealer won't/can't sell them.

There might still be patents on the parts or commercial agreements as to why no OEM has tried to reverse engineer them for sale, its more confusing to me how ECP got hold of some and now can't/won't etc.

Its also possible that rofag has an agreement similar to R-Sport who supplies the cup race teams hence has access to a different parts catalogue than the main dealers... :think: