Suspension knocking

mellor1991

Paid Member
Hi,

New here although the amount of information shared is huge!!

I know it's been covered so apologies. A noise appears to be coming from my n/s susornsion, generally when going over speed bumps I get a knocking similar to a component dropping or dropping back into place. This seems to only happen over say 20mph.

Took to the garage but they didn't have space so thought I'd ask you knowledgable people (car will be going back in).

Appreciated!!

Reactions: liam burbidge
Pretty much easiest way to diagnose is jack it up and give it all a good shake, looking for play. Tighten everything to torque and trying again. Failing that just put it in for an mot and ask to pay attention to the front..

As they are generally expensive to fix, I'd rather know exactly what it is before spending any hard earned cash!

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/

Sorry, forgot to say I'd jacked it up shook everything and all seemed fine and solid. also checked wheel nuts but all seems ok.

Sorry, forgot to say I'd jacked it up shook everything and all seemed fine and solid. also checked wheel nuts but all seems ok.

Check top mounts too by removing covers and putting weight on the sill / shaking the car.. compare sides.

Besides that I'd mot it

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/

Search also your exhaust - it might be a pipe connecting your last muffler that knocks

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

I'm replacing my top mounts today. I lifted cover and all rubber splitting and you can see play. Best getting it looked at and they sit very close to window screen so could be a disaster. I thought bottom gear box mount had gone at first until inspections

Thanks for the replies.

It appears Track Focus Direct are closed until the 23rd September and the Bush itself is 'coming soon'. sorry to be a pain, is there a Powerflex version of this bush? or somewhere else I can purchase?

Cheers