Superchips special offer on Bluefin

Here's Henk from fastchip's response to my email regarding the rs tuner for a 200,

"Hi Josh,

Long story short. If you still believe in Santa go Superchips (bogus performance claims)
If you want the real deal buy an RSTuner. For 199,- (ex shipping, STG1 perf included) you cannot go wrong. On top of that you have an excellent diagnostic tool as well with FULL data logging capabilities.

I was wondering if you have a specific
calibration for the clio 200 which would this resolve this flat spot
issue or lessen it at all?

Yes indeed, my STG1 goes a long way. If that is not sufficient I make you a tailored calibration based on dataloggings that you make for me (easy) for an additional € 100.

if so does it require the latest
version of RS Tuner interface/ device?

You do require Firmware 183 or later.

Hope this answers your questions.

Kind regards, Henk"

Well obviously his is the best one!! :001_rolleyes:

What I really don't like (and this it just ecu tuners in general) is the whole
"Well buy ours and if its not quite right, just throw some more money our way and we'll see what we can do"

How about just get it spot on to start with and then if any extra work is needed do it F.O.C?!

Just a general rant for the morning :innocent:

Completely agree with you si200, why is no one looking at k-tecs offering? Surely they know there stuff more than anyone regarding renaults?

I don't doubt RS tuning kit one bit, however, you cant ignore Superchips. They have been around for donkeys years and not many offer a tuning box with a no quibble return.

They were not far from where I lived so gave it a go and more than happy with the result. Where you have manufacturer warranty in place, they also will cover failings attributed to superchips where manufacturer wont cover. etc

Not tried fast chips but very pleased with how the car drive and responds with the bluefin.

I've been reading a lot about the bluefin and decided to take the plunge for my Clio 200,turned up nice and quick,easy to install but i couldn't notice any difference so decided to take it to my local rolling road,2 runs as standard followed by another 2 with the Bluefin installed.
The results were very disappointing with a loss of power and torque all over and the operator commented on a potentially dangerous lean mixture at the high revs,i contacted Superchips and they said they would get back to me but haven't heard anything yet so have sent it back and hopefully get my money back.
Still £50 down from P+P and dyno time though

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 81
I've been reading a lot about the bluefin and decided to take the plunge for my Clio 200,turned up nice and quick,easy to install but i couldn't notice any difference so decided to take it to my local rolling road,2 runs as standard followed by another 2 with the Bluefin installed.
The results were very disappointing with a loss of power and torque all over and the operator commented on a potentially dangerous lean mixture at the high revs,i contacted Superchips and they said they would get back to me but haven't heard anything yet so have sent it back and hopefully get my money back.

Hmmm....interesting!
What are the actual losses? Cant really see from the graph you've uploaded, its a bit small.

Not the first time I've read about the lean mixture issue with bluefins either (on other car marques). Have to say i've been wondering if there was a massive placebo effect with mine in hindsight. :001_rolleyes:

Can't say I'm particularly surprised, they aren't overly popular on meganesport, personally id stick to the main guys that get recommended that are also traders on here...

You are not the first to voice this concern, it was also highlighted that the Megane 250 map had similar Lean issues....

http://www.meganesport.net/community/showthread.php?50492-Bluefin-remap!&highlight=bluefin

any idea why the Superchips remap on my car is running so lean?

if you look at my stock map, its running 12pts AF Ratio, but with the Superchips, its close to 14pts (NA AFR)!!

i've written to Superchips, but would anyone here have any ideas?