Supercharged 306bhp GW197 T333DOB

Tomd197

Paid Member
So thought it was well overdue that i started a progress thread.
So i bought the supercharger kit from Mason and got it fitted by myself last weekend ready for mapping yesterday at RS Tuning. The Kit was produced by Jamsport and is the same one that was fitted to Mikes LY197. The Kit fitted very easily, hardest part was mounting the intercooler so that the piping would fit as well as the charger having enough room to be connected. Have more pictures and will add them when i take more after the snow has gone. So just added the power Graphs that i am over the moon with. Car is running 306.5hp on standard internalls which worrys me at the moment and a forged block will likely follow at the end of the year and will hopefully then be able to remove the Limiter which is currently at 6.7k. Car has oreca exhaust, 630cc injectors and still has the precat until i get a new manifold next month.
Not been to any meets or such as yet, would love to meet some fellow owners
View attachment 11154View attachment 11155

Nice curves, bet it's a rocket ship!

Why was the limiter set at 6.7k though? Simply to cap the power and torque so you dont risk bending the rods?
Also are you still on the standard clutch or did you uprate that?

Yh its a huge difference mate
Was Misfiring due to the boost at the highest Revs, and no but clutch will likely come before forging, maybe even when the Manifold is changed. And also the risk of bending a rod is still quite high even at those revs. My other option is to restrict the charger which may be the plan if I'm struggling to fund a new block.
Cheers

You made that sound so easy :lol: Casually fitted a supercharger at the weekend then got it mapped and running +300bhp! Aha.

How does it drive?

Believe me I'm still waiting for the catch, the Kit had everything i needed minus a few bolts etc but went on so easy. Suppose its the work that went into the setup previously that helped me out so much haha. Drives like it used to but much much faster especially at 4k+, will get a vid up soon as the roads are dry.

Was Misfiring due to the boost at the highest Revs, and no but clutch will likely come before forging, maybe even when the Manifold is changed. And also the risk of bending a rod is still quite high even at those revs. My other option is to restrict the charger which may be the plan if I'm struggling to fund a new block.
Cheers

The clutch will be fine mate. Put a restricter plate in front of the charger. You will need to uprate the fuel system to get any more.

Cheers

Thanks, clutch I was just wondering how the standard one coped, I'm only going to be probably 170-180ft/lb so just went for a brand new standard one. I think I'll have no issues.

Yeah I wondered if you could restrict it (or fit a bigger pulley?) and gain some rev's, but probably not a lot of point as I guess it'll be faster point to point as you have it making the power earlier?

Who is Manson, a user or company? Be interested to know how much this setup costs?

Yh the clutch and gear changes if anything feel better, did a gear oil change while i was fitting the charger so that has helped, think the test will be time in terms of gearbox and clutch etc. and yh Mason decided to sell his 197 before he fitted the charger.

It's a shame supercharging didn't take off a bit more among the 'scene'. This however sounds fun if very brave :wink:

Hard to say, i got the whole kit thats made to fit for the price of a brand new charger alone so maybe others would struggle to justify the cost over just dropping a meg engine in

The clutch will be fine mate. Put a restricter plate in front of the charger. You will need to uprate the fuel system to get any more.

Yes mate paul said he would be able to restrict it easy enough.
How did you deal with the PCV in terms of stopping it from blowing boost into the crankcase, mines currently just blocked. Some of your pictures look as if you have put something into deal with this, ( no return valve?). Paul said Catch tank might be an option but just wondering how you dealt with this. cheers

This could start a whole new trend if all goes well :smile:

Would be nice to see some diversity but truth is there is just not that many people who will put the kind of money required into Clio tuning. A few years ago we asked if people were interested in a development bargain opportunity with Monster Sport UK for a supercharger kit and no one was interested.

Top marks mate even though running this power on std internals is a bit brave. You indeed made it sound as if you fitted an induction kit or something!

Have you fiddled with the compression at all? When I spoke to Paul@RST about this in the past he said that ideally the compression should be lowered for reliability purposes etc.

Looking forward to videos!

yes would be better with lower compression, thats what makes the clio so difficult to turbo or supercharge.
will get some vids up later today if i have chance

so just tried to make a vid but failed trying to get any driving action, will upload a clip for noise just to give an idea and will get some drive bys when i have assistance