strange noise at max revs

P

pardonator

Anyone else get this? When changing up at max revs (beep!) I get a strange suck/chatter from the engine bay.

I have this also, almost like a tiny dump valve going off. I know of others to have this on their 200's too, check out the RS forums. It's normal afaik buddy.

Know exactly what you mean, I get it sometimes and have always had it right from new, it occurs anywhere from 6.5k upwards as you change gear, very strange noise. The 200 is just coming upto 12,000 miles and its not given me any problems so will mention it to the dealer when she goes in for service but not to worried.

Renaults make lots of strange noises.

i get this but only at really high revs (green light), sometimes it sounds a little bit like a quiet dump valve

There's a little valve on the airbox and it's this that makes the noise. Appears to open a second inlet to the airbox as far as I could tell when I looked at it.

sorry to dig an old thread up guys, but is this the noise you guys are referring to? [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRE4X_xmI_0[/YOUTUBE]

Just trying to nail it down. I'm getting it checked over tomorrow. Cheers :smile:

I cannot rememeber where I read about this but it is due to the clio vvt system, which regulates air flow into the engine when you are popping the bolts out the engine but it is a perfectly normal noise. Also the air pump can suck in vast amounts of air when pushing on it sounds like a turbo dump lol.

cant say i have heard that on mine.....

but i do have the second inlet closed permanently :oops:

So now your drawing in less air ?

I don't think the hot air argument works as once above a certain speed I don't matter