Stereo Wiring Diagram?

Hi,
I'm new to this forum, just wondering if I can get some help please!

I could really do with knowing which colour wires are for the rear speakers at the back of the stereo, does anyone know?

Rear left -
Rear left +
Rear right +
Rear right -

Cheers!

I don't know but you could easily find out by unplugging them one at a time and seeing which speaker stops working!

I dont think you can just unplug the wires from the back of the stereo seperately can you?

Also that won't really tell me which one is + and which is - will it?

That link is for wiring for ISO connectors, renault's aren't ISO are they??

Sorry what do you mean by bell them through?

What tests can I do on the wires using an electrical tester? What volts should be showing on the + and what volts should be showing on the -?

Cheers

What you trying to do mate? You wont get voltage at the speakers +\- as its a signal, all the +\- are polarity so there the right way round. What stereo is it in your clio, standard, update, cabbasse? Bell through meaning electrical tester on buzzer and unplug speakers/ connectors and match either end up when it buzzes

Basically i've spliced into the wires at the back to go into an RCA converter, and to the SUB in the boot.

I've done this several times before but never had the problem i'm getting...

Basically if I plug the left RCA into the amp, I get sound, if I plug the right RCA into the amp (on its own) I also get sound.
However, when I plug them both into the amp the sound goes dead.

I'm definitely connected to the rear speaker wires, as if i put the fader on full rear then the fronts goes off and the bass still comes out of the sub.

However what I have noticed is that if i put the 'balance' on full left or right, I still get sound from both the left and right RCAs!!

God knows what i've done here, any ideas??

I used the same colours from the back stereo as the colours were on the back speakers.

E.g. back right was purple and grey so I used those, and back left right brown and green i think.

Sounds like youve wired to the right channel (rear), but miss wired the four speaker cables on the rca converter.

So do you think I've got like rear left and right + connected to the one channel or something? Instead of it being right + and right -.

Don't suppose you know exactly which colours are the rear left and right - and + do you?

It's a clio dynamique 1.4 2006 (new shape), think it was called renault update list radio.

I would try swaping the cables youve already spliced into round see if theres any difference

That link is for wiring for ISO connectors, renault's aren't ISO are they??

Sorry what do you mean by bell them through?

What tests can I do on the wires using an electrical tester? What volts should be showing on the + and what volts should be showing on the -?

Cheers

You should find the renault stereo plugs into more wiring that WILL have this wiring, ISO stands for 'International Organization for Standardization' (thats cocked up) and means that all cars have this so you can simply fit an aftermarket stereo without altering anything.

Is there someone selling leads for connecting RCA's to renault on ebay?

It's just a standard RCA converter mate, used em loads before, in fact used them on a twingo with the same wiring but can't remember which wires were which now and can't find the wiring diagram i used before :worried:

I have done this for my sub, but if i were you, i would splice into the front speakers wiring as i noticed it gave a better sound than using the rear.
if you are still having problems, i can check the wire colours on mine at some point.
let me know

dave

Similar Thread Suggestions