Steering wheel vibrates on idle

Yiannis197

Paid Member
I've noticed lately that my steering wheel has a vibration on idle which definitely wasn't there in the past. No issues when on the move, you can only feel it when stopped and the engine is running. What is the probably cause for that? Engine mounts?

Thanks

I will give it a look over. Just strange as the car hasn't moved since the last time i started it up and wasn't there then

How is it running? Have you ruled out rough idling causing the problem? Mine idled so much smoother with a new coil pack that wasn't performing 100%.

How is it running? Have you ruled out rough idling causing the problem? Mine idled so much smoother with a new coil pack that wasn't performing 100%.
Hi, its running perfect no rough idle, I have a set of coils I can try just to rule that out

Is it when the car is stationary or moving I wound put my hands on the running engine to feel if the vibration is the same but I would put it down to the upper torque mount or lower engine mount rock the engine if there is play retighten the mounts so they are pulling against each other and are resting on the rubber the only other thing would be vibration from the belts but the logic is the steering and engine have no physical connection so its down to harmonics most likely the crank pulley or component firing the engine crank sensor, cam sensor, ignition and injectors they may not have failed but lost performance

when the car is on idle/stationary that's when I'm getting the vibration. I will have a look at the check the mounts and go from there.
like I said its started over night, really confused me because nothing has been touched