steering wheel spacer?

i need to get the OEM steering wheel closer to m if possible. the reach adjustment is nowhere near enough

i reckon i need at least 20mm more adjustment

anyone know if anyone makes an adapter or spacer?

Hello, I did it on my Clio.
I disassembled the steering wheel from the car, take some dimensions make the job on a lathe and cnc machine.
I create two versions for this spacer, the cheaper and the less cheaper.

The cheaper :smile: steering wheel 4,5 cm closer to the driver.

IMG_2247.jpgIMG_2256.jpgIMG_2243.jpgIMG_2257.jpgIMG_2499.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Andyyox
Do you like it?

Thank you so much!

I'm italian Clio 197 owner. I'm 1,82 meters tall and I was tired of driving my Clio in uncomfortble way.

I have looked for that solution for years, and finally I did it by myself. What a satisfaction!

I have tested both solutions for several months on my car, and I have sold many of those spacers here in Italy.

The cheaper kit is 100 € cost, included the screw and the black rubber cover.

The less cheaper starts from 200 €, and it is made of one spacer, long screw and two rubber covers. If you want it customized it cost a little more.

Now it's so late here and tomorrow I'm gonna work. Goodnight everybody!

Last edited:
Good work on the spacers! Looks a difficult bit of kit to knock up. Decent prices too for people really struggling with height adjustment.

I'm 5 foot and a fag end tall so not an issue for me :smiley:

i just fitted a made no racing seat frame kit and the driving position is way better for me now especially for my legs

the steering wheel is still a bit too far away from me though even though i was able to lower it a tad and improve the angle

a spacer would help a lot to make the driving position perfect

Hello,
the first one who will post here after this message will receive one spacer (the cheap version complete kit) FOR FREE, so can test it and if likes can keep it. Just write down a feedback.
:biggrin:

Lol I was waiting for you to reply ken... I thought it might be inappropriate for someone else to claim this.

Well the part came today. Thanks so much to giacomo - true to his word he sent this out right away and first impressions looking at the photos is very good.

I won't be home from offshore until Christmas Eve but will try and get this fitted as soon as possible.

I'm hoping this makes my clios driving position as close to perfect for me as possible along with my lowered seat frame.

Just looking at the photos it seems excellent quality and very well designed.

really looking forward to trying this out as I think this will really improve the car for me as the steering wheel always feels too far away for me!

i will follow up with a review once I've got this fitted hopefully in a few days!

07A4788D-BD03-4D1F-9DB4-038B69353D52_zpst0gw32x4.gif

7D573040-3314-4AAB-84A4-FFF083AABD5E_zpsgpt9vzq3.gif

7341F640-B980-4A8E-A5BB-880ED97B196A_zpsiva6ezc8.gif

I've also ordered and received the part. Great service from Giacomo.
If I only could remove the airbag :-/
I used the method described as in the how to section, but can't get it of.