Steering wheel refurb questions........

Does anyone put the original red zigzag stitching on after the retrim I like it standard but better materials used. I got a wheel done in Northern Ireland £90 asked them to stitch the line but its more embroidered than the zigzag stitch but a good enough job anyway. I must post a picture when I get the chance

Thanks for pics and advice chaps.....food for thought and each and all very nice !!

Anyone know why / been told by their trimmers why the original one goes bad ? Is it always just the perforated part (Mine is only going here and just on the right hand side) and is it because of bad materials or leather that wasnt UV resistant or.......?

Those wheels by Snappy do look rather nice. I need to get mine done as it's starting to 'melt' rather badly on the right hand side where my hand rests. I'm guessing £155 is for a wheel all done and posted out rather than you having to exchange yours?

I
See if he'll do a "group deal" ? @rsevo ! Im number 2 for sure.

in the same boat as yourself, started peeling on the top right of the wheel where I gripping it! Wild stab in the dark that I'm guessing it's to do with natural skin oil disagreeing with the material over a long time (my best guess!)

Quoted £200+ from Renault, but I'd want to keep it as OEM as possible!

Reactions: sevenfourate
I

in the same boat as yourself, started peeling on the top right of the wheel where I gripping it! Wild stab in the dark that I'm guessing it's to do with natural skin oil disagreeing with the material over a long time (my best guess!)

Quoted £200+ from Renault, but I'd want to keep it as OEM as possible!

£200 for a new wheel ? What was the exact price out of interest @RossWoods93 ?

So your NOT up for a group deal on a retrim ?

Yeah the new wheels are a lot of money new to buy, then in a few years they will just peel! Retrim is where its at!

£200 for a new wheel ? What was the exact price out of interest @RossWoods93 ?

So your NOT up for a group deal on a retrim ?

I honestly wish I could quote you an exact price, around £240ish at a wild stab, was word of mouth from the dealer after a service back in March!

I would only be interested if it was back to factory state! Only other problem is timing and convenience to do it!

Reactions: sevenfourate