Steering Wheel Insert

A couple more questions from a newbie here . . .

My Clio has the Renault i.D Yellow Fascia pack along with the anthracite exterior pack, here is how my interior currently looks (pic by Greg200, not my own)

dsc00232po.jpg

My questions are:
  1. Is the yellow used on the 'fascia pack' what is referred to as Liquid Yellow?
  2. What colour is used for the 'Renault Sport' lettering along the yellow strip (passenger side)?
  3. Does the steering wheel insert (suplied by Renault) simply clip onto the existing steering wheel without causing any damage to the leather?

I'm looking at getting one supplied and sprayed by SprayShack and just want to ensure that it can be removed at a later date and that I get it in the correct colour :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Darren

My questions are:
  1. Is the yellow used on the 'fascia pack' what is referred to as Liquid Yellow?
  2. What colour is used for the 'Renault Sport' lettering along the yellow strip (passenger side)?
  3. Does the steering wheel insert (suplied by Renault) simply clip onto the existing steering wheel without causing any damage to the leather?

1. Absolutely NOT. Its just a bright yellow and a million miles away from Liquid Yellow.
2. Don't know as i've not speced it.
3. It is a simple screw in jobbie and SHOULD go on and off without damaging the wheel provided you take your time fitting/removing obviously.

i may be wrong but i THINK someone has done there's yellow to match but can't remember who.

1. Absolutely NOT. Its just a bright yellow and a million miles away from Liquid Yellow.
2. Don't know as i've not speced it.
3. It is a simple screw in jobbie and SHOULD go on and off without damaging the wheel provided you take your time fitting/removing obviously.

i may be wrong but i THINK someone has done there's yellow to match but can't remember who.

thanks Mentalpen, glad I didn't just go ahead and order it!

Chris, they look good! Do you know the details of the colour? Any pics of it in the car???

Sprayshack sprayed my wheel insert so i just assume its Liquid Yellow. I did the clock surrounds and dash strips myself with some spray paint from B&Q

Sprayshack sprayed my wheel insert so i just assume its Liquid Yellow. I did the clock surrounds and dash strips myself with some spray paint from B&Q

thanks for this.... I take it your dash strips are the Renault i.D yellow as part of one of the option packs for the 200?

The dash strips are B&Q spray paint yellow which is a damn close match to the LY lol. I have the tin at home, will check the name of the colour for you should you want to do it yourself too

The dash strips are B&Q spray paint yellow which is a damn close match to the LY lol. I have the tin at home, will check the name of the colour for you should you want to do it yourself too

I'm just concerned that the strips that came with the car aren't actually Liquid Yellow as MentalPen suggested......

According to my local Renault dealership, they have never heard of a yellow interior trim ever being an option but that they'd get back to me with any information they could find . . . . :001_huh:

Hopefully somebody sees this and has managed to find this info out . . . otherwise I'll probably have to remove one of the panels and get them colour-matched.....

You could alway buy the dash strips from a scrap yard and the steering wheel insert from Renault then get them painted in the colour of your choice. I plan to do something similar but get them carbon wrapped and not painted.

According to my local Renault dealership, they have never heard of a yellow interior trim ever being an option but that they'd get back to me with any information they could find . . . . :001_huh:

Hopefully somebody sees this and has managed to find this info out . . . otherwise I'll probably have to remove one of the panels and get them colour-matched.....

They'd not heard of the yellow I.d pack??????

You could alway buy the dash strips from a scrap yard and the steering wheel insert from Renault then get them painted in the colour of your choice. I plan to do something similar but get them carbon wrapped and not painted.

Thanks Paddy, that's certainly an option I'm considering.....

They'd not heard of the yellow I.d pack??????

Spoke to two different people and even with one of them 'looking on their system' for my reg plate, it wasn't showing up as ever being an option.... I started to wonder if I'd got the name correct....? Never got a call back from them this afternoon like they promised!!

Spoke to two different people and even with one of them 'looking on their system' for my reg plate, it wasn't showing up as ever being an option.... I started to wonder if I'd got the name correct....? Never got a call back from them this afternoon like they promised!!

I don't think the option is available any more so no it won't show up.

Phone call from the dealership today, they are still 'researching' the colour and will hopefully be speaking to their 'paint supplier' tomorrow to see if they have any idea . . .

Didn't expect it to be this challenging!!!

Similar Thread Suggestions