Stance

So after opinions on the stance of my new 197. Its on bilstein coiloves so I can adjust it just wonder as I am very new to the clio game what people think of the stance of the car would it be nicer with a little rake ?

15822726_10155045904208738_1358620871428471735_n.jpg

15621805_10155017692888738_474248610927255646_n.jpg

**Interested in this.

I'm lead to believe a little rake - replicating the factory 'settings' and getting a higher % of the weight over the driving and steering wheels is beneficial. Even if both front and rear are equally lower than the factory settings ie: Lowered / Springs / Coilies etc.

Be interesting to hear the track-guys chip in here........

Front lower than the rear..that's all I can say..if you track it though..better handling imo..

Looks like mine, without the spoiler and red brakes. That sits like mine as I also have the B14's, and my handling is great although I'll be having it fully set up and corner weighted in preparation for tracking it.
All depends how you use the car really.

Well the cars already been corner weighted by the previous owner and set up . I suppose its got a bit of rake on it now. what about spacers... is that advised or not?

If it's been set up properly then I'd leave it, or at the most have it checked over. I personally wouldn't touch spacers, I'd go for either 8j cup racer wheels or something like oz ultraleggeras.

A really interesting post by @DannyAG200 very recently:

"So spacers.. Josh was teaching me some very clever things about them and why they ruin the fro of the car.
A certain thing called scrub radius, with 20mm spacers you'd be towing out under braking and tow in accelerating, under breaking your car will want to squirm and will make your arb feel softer
This is why cupracers etc or track day drivers will leave the Clio with no spacers or just 5mm to keep it negative. Negative will do opposite, tow in on braking and tow out accelerating. Giving it a much nicer control under braking and controlling the torque steer ( if boosted mainly ) under acceleration..

I am new to knowing what it actually does but there's some great videos on YouTube about it! Worth a watch".

Reactions: DannyAG200
A really interesting post by @DannyAG200 very recently:

"So spacers.. Josh was teaching me some very clever things about them and why they ruin the fro of the car.
A certain thing called scrub radius, with 20mm spacers you'd be towing out under braking and tow in accelerating, under breaking your car will want to squirm and will make your arb feel softer
This is why cupracers etc or track day drivers will leave the Clio with no spacers or just 5mm to keep it negative. Negative will do opposite, tow in on braking and tow out accelerating. Giving it a much nicer control under braking and controlling the torque steer ( if boosted mainly ) under acceleration..

I am new to knowing what it actually does but there's some great videos on YouTube about it! Worth a watch".

You kinda have to find that balance if you want it to look good or handle better IMO. My car currently sits not allot lower than a normal cup. Prior to this set up I was fairly low and looked in my eyes really nice height. But handling wasn't near as good as it could have been.

Cupracers have an excuse too haha

Reactions: sevenfourate
Thanks, so best answer would be some aftermarket wheels as opposed to spacers .

Yes, I run 8j cupracer wheels along with my wet wheels 7.5 speedlines. They both sit in the arches quite allot and with the camber it looks worse but again 5mm max really due to the above.

If your interested in learning etc it's deffo worth a watch :smile:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Easiest way surely is to lower the car equally on every corner, thus mimicking the same rake as from factory.

Edit: just noticed shuv had basically said this on post number 2 lol.