Stalk Adaptor

I was bought a new head unit for xmas, its a Kenwood KDC-BT42U which i subsequently installed and am pretty impressed.. good unit! anyway, besides from the fact i had to buy the most flimsy headset adaptor ive ever seen due to the small gap around the new head unit from where the old one was..
theres no stalk adaptor with the unit so i thought no problem, i will pick one up... went into my local car audio distributor today to be told that there was only 1 lead available and its £75 and aparently to fit the lead i have to take half the dash out and its a good 4 hours work.. but they will fit it for £60...
£135 to fit a lead!?
surely they are trying to get one over on me..

anyone got any ideas on what lead it is i need or where i can get it cheaper? and any fitting help?

also rang halfords and they say they dont dop a cheap lead, the only one they do is £75..

Just have to take the glove box out mate and pull the harness through to the back I did it the other day in about 20 minutes

Yeah, it's a doodle, I didn't even need to take the glovebox out to fit my Sony unit! The lead from my local shop was £45... eBay would've been £30ish

ok cheers lads, will have a look on ebay for the lead.. anybody know where there is a part number or something so i get the right one?

Taking the glove box out is a 5 min job. Remove the dash strip and then 4 screws and it will just pull off and give you all the access you'll ever need.