Squeeky clutch pedal? GET IN HERE!

1/4 turn clockwise to remove and reverse to re-fit - there is a special socket to do the job....i double checked on the service pdf i have

Yeah I can see the hex part of it now, should be able to get a spanner on it.

null_zps4b2cf6dd.jpg

Thanks foxspeed!

I've just got off the phone to renault. They will be stripping my clutch assy down soon. They are also going to look at my gearbox which is notchy 2nd to 3rd.

As you know Chris I have the same issue, definitely the master cylinder.

What's strange is that the problem only seems to arrive following a a full brake bleed.

I will change my master cylinder if its an easy job, think getting it properly bled will be more difficult.

Right,

I changed to ATE the other day, after a little over 24hours my clutch has developed a squeak and it's very notchy when squeaking!

Coincidence?

.... I think not.

Right,

I changed to ATE the other day, after a little over 24hours my clutch has developed a squeak and it's very notchy when squeaking!

Coincidence?

.... I think not.

Hmm, interesting. Exactly the same as mine, maybe it's the fluid after all?

Hmm..not what I wanted to hear after ordering 2L of ATE....

I'm sure Ollie in here is running ATE and he hasn't reported any squeeking...

Chris let us know what happens when you change fluid mate, cheers!

I've got the standard fluid in stil. 2012 mine is, and the clutch squeaks.

It's due a fluid change and I'm trying the ATE super blue, shall let you know if the squeak goes or stays lol

mine is just the alloy pate that is riveted onto the actual pedal that squeaks, has any body got a fix for that?

I have considered drilling the rivets out and covering the pedal in electricians tape and riveting it back on

Yeah, mine started after a brake fluid change... i've still to find out what fluid they used. The noise is getting right on my nerves

I've just got off the phone to renault. They will be stripping my clutch assy down soon. They are also going to look at my gearbox which is notchy 2nd to 3rd.

About to get my gear box dropped, still stiff in the morning after a gear oil change< notchy 1st and 2nd, and get my squeaky clutch looked at the same time, how old is your motor???

I haven't noticed mine squeaking recently since changing to motul rbf600. It did squeak when I first changed it but guess there was still some ATE in the clutch