Squatting under heavy braking

bedoef

Platinum Member
I thought I would post this here and see if anyone more knowledgeable than myself would be able to point me in the right direction.

Last night at a track event, I went into a hard downhill braking zone (170-70ish kph) and the rear of the car squatted hard. Usually the Clio is on the nose going into this turn, but I felt the rears grab much harder than usual and the back of the car was sitting down. Over the next two corners, the rears were grabbing much harder than before. I had only done about 3-4 laps at this point in the first session, so the brakes were up to temp and no issues with fade or brake fluid.

I immediately slowed down and coasted the rest of the lap. Pulled in, had a look, and couldnt see anything unusual or smell anything out of place. I checked all the discs, and aside from some abnormal wear up front on one disc (I could see peak marks on the disc) everything look fine. Drove home, and let it cool down.

This morning, the braking felt okay. Nothing too out of the ordinary to cause me any alarm. Only changes on the car are an Akra exhaust, DS1.11 and Brembo HCs up front, and K-tec slotted discs and Brembo rear pads with HEL lines all around. I am running Motul 660, which has only 1 track day on them.

Anyone have any ideaas / similar experiences? I am going to get the car checked out by the dealer in the next few days, but wanted to see if anyone here had any ideas?