Spring rates

Clarki99

Paid Member
Have a Mk3 200 track car and looking to fit AST 5100's which also gives me the chance to fit custom springs rather than the standard springs they come with...I obviously don't need to worry about the compromise of it still being comfy for the road.

I need to decide on what spring rates to go for. I know I could follow what the Mk3 cup cars had but that might be a bit aggressive given they obviously ran on full slicks.

Anybody got advice on good spring rates to go for for a fully stripped and caged Mk3...I run it on Michelin Cup 2's which are pretty grippy.

Have a Mk3 200 track car and looking to fit AST 5100's which also gives me the chance to fit custom springs rather than the standard springs they come with...I obviously don't need to worry about the compromise of it still being comfy for the road.

I need to decide on what spring rates to go for. I know I could follow what the Mk3 cup cars had but that might be a bit aggressive given they obviously ran on full slicks.

Anybody got advice on good spring rates to go for for a fully stripped and caged Mk3...I run it on Michelin Cup 2's which are pretty grippy.

AST should be able to suggest a set up for you I think.

AST on 5100s are using 110N/mm and 80N/mm rear and front respectively and it's perfect for the track without making it undriveable on the road. I had it for many years back when my Clio was also a daily! That's not to say it was not stiff.

I'll be selling my kit soon if you are interested as the use of my car has been changed. It's a track 5200 with remote canisters and top mounts.

AST on 5100s are using 110N/mm and 80N/mm rear and front respectively and it's perfect for the track without making it undriveable on the road. I had it for many years back when my Clio was also a daily! That's not to say it was not stiff.

I'll be selling my kit soon if you are interested as the use of my car has been changed. It's a track 5200 with remote canisters and top mounts.
Would definitely be interested in the kit.

Reactions: Yiannis197