Spoon rigid collars

Discussion in 'Clio General Chat' started by Marsch, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Marsch

Marsch

Berlin, Germany
    Stealth Grey RS 200
    A member over at cliors.de turned my attention to something he had found in a speedhunters article about the well known Japanese tuner named Spoon. It seems they're producing so called rigid collars for subframe mounting which are also available for the Lutecia RS which is nothing else than a Clio RS sold under that designation in Japan.

Here is a link to the mentioned article (scroll down to "part two").

http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/01/project-nsx-goes-honda-heaven/

And here is a link to the shop where they sell them.

https://www.rigidcollar.eu/rigid-collar/products.html/?find=renault-lutecia---vrs-rf4c-109537

I'd like to ask if anybody here has some feedback, ideas and thoughts about these parts?

IIRC somebody here had actually installed such collars not that long ago but they weren't from Spoon as far as I can remember. Any idea who that was (Glenn?) or the brand of the collars he used (are they from Ktec?)?

Ruben203 likes this.

2. Marsch

Marsch

Berlin, Germany
    Stealth Grey RS 200
    Nobody an idea who it was that had done this conversion?

3. petercronin

petercronin Paid Member

North East England
    LY FF Clio 200 with Cup Pack
    Was it not Josh Gault who made his own up? Not sure how to tag people using Tapatalk, I think his username is something like A1xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Marsch

Marsch

Berlin, Germany
    Stealth Grey RS 200
    The name doesn't rings a bell but I'm quite sure that somebody did that conversion not that long ago.

I've found two threads related to rigid collars here. Both are related to a member named Masa from Japan but these threads are a couple of years old.

5. Doogle

Doogle Paid Member

Plymouth
    BMW e46 330cd
    Very interesting topic. These little Clios certainly feel tighter in some respects than others, Id be interested in driving one with them fitted but given I currently do commuting and only the occasional spirited drives it seems a waste. The rest of my suspension is not exactly A1 either.

6. petercronin

petercronin Paid Member

North East England
    LY FF Clio 200 with Cup Pack
    I was nearly right with the name, it’s @A1axx. I’m sure he made his own versions and it’s in the build thread he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marsch likes this.
  7. Marsch

Marsch

Berlin, Germany
    Stealth Grey RS 200
  8. BLJ

BLJ Paid Member

the Netherlands
    Clio RS 197 R27 F1 #2400 Nimbus
  9. Marsch

Marsch

Berlin, Germany
    Stealth Grey RS 200
    Found these two threads already, thanks.

Would be really nice to get some feedback from somebody who actually has installed and is driving them.

10. tombate911

tombate911 Paid Member

2010 Clio RS200
    I made a very similar item for my friends MK1 subframe to locate it solid.
    Got a few things I'm looking at at the moment for the Clio I need to machine so will have a look when I get a minute.

11. Oioiandy

Oioiandy Paid Member

TrANsit
    Got them on mine, tracking is next to perfect. Best thing I could ever do.

BLJ likes this.