Special editions: Overview

Added another version called WSR (World Series by Renault) that I just got aware of yesterday.

Besides that I've found out some other interesting things about French designations.
They've versions called "Luxe" which as the name already suggests have a bit more luxury equipment. For the 197 this means features like "Diamond Cut" rims (presumably Bebops), grey mirror covers and leather seats/interior were optional. For the 200 it was "Diamond Cut" Bebops, silver blade, mirrors and diffusor, leather/seats interior and some other things like navi which was always on board. From what I get the 197 may had the Cup suspension while the 200 was only available with the normal sport one.
For the 200 they also have a "Trophy" version. It should also be equipped more luxury (navi, A/C and so on) and always came with the Recaro Sportsters and something they call "Cup3 chassis".

Reactions: peter
It was difficult to find some proper pics of some of the versions so I had to use photos from privately owned cars. The one of yours are from an article about the Silverstone GP edition IIRC.

It was difficult to find some proper pics of some of the versions so I had to use photos from privately owned cars. The one of yours are from an article about the Silverstone GP edition IIRC.

Yeah its fine, just kidding. Seen as few articles with my car being used. She's been around a bit!

Reactions: Marsch
Got some new Infos about the Ange & Démon series from a French forum.

5w3l3E4.jpg

So far I thought it were 222 of each colour but the overwhelming part was grey as you can see. It's 667 cars actually because there's a car 0 which they keep/kept at the factory.

Got some new Infos about the Ange & Démon series from a French forum.

View attachment 121110

So far I thought it were 222 of each colour but the overwhelming part was grey as you can see. It's 667 cars actually because there's a car 0 which they keep/kept at the factory.

Is Aut Austria or Australia ?

As some went down under too are they classed as a different batch

AUT = Austria
AUS = Australia

I know from an article of an Australian car magazine that 40 RHD ones were announced for Down Under but don't know how many were actually ordered and produced. It's quite possible that the 28 cars listed for GB actually include AUS and NZ deliveries.

Btw, I'm still trying to find out what DOT means.

-----

Some shots from a Twingo "Ange & Démon" showcar that seems to be the forefather of the Clio series.

QMkVUvJ.jpg

UUUrGKA.jpg

VR0PC8h.jpg

My head is exploding as I'm currently getting new infos about C3RS special editions basically each minute.

Turns out there are at least two more "20th" editions (30 cars for AUS and 20 for Germany) besides the already know (500 cars as "world series" and 20 cars for the Swiss) existing.

Besides that I just got the info that Gordinis also were available in "Ultra Red" and "Nimbus Grey" but only in France and then there also is this livery existing.

GhfLNni.jpg

Reactions: Johnny 99
I've created a website with all the infos about the special editions and some other stuff. It also includes a register. It's nothing fancy but it safes me some time when editing and adding things as I don't have to update the entries in multiple forums.

C3RS special editions and more (WIP)

That means I'm not going to update anything in this thread anymore. So, please check this site for more up to date infos.

Reactions: Pav
Just come across this post, never knew there were so many other special editions. I have a Silverstone No. 25 of 50. Great post.