Sooo... just test-drove a 220 Trophy AGAIN

Discussion in 'Clio General Chat' started by Micah, Dec 29, 2016.

1. James17

James17

fleet
    AG 200

Oh 100% the running costs are much much more but if you're smart and buy a good car it's not too bad, although seeing how much they are going up in value I'd risk a cheaper one haha

2. nutnutwelshman

nutnutwelshman Spa-tacus Area Rep

Heathrow
    220T TROPHY
    I buy cars to abuse the monkeys out of them not to see if they are going to go up in value.I looked at M3's a few years ago it would have added 6k a year to my running costs

3. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    They're great cars the T220 Micah. Not surprised you love it.
    Very different to the angry, raw mk3.
    Whatever floats your boat.
    Hope you get what you need sale wise for your 200... my guess is unfortunately you might not as market is still going down imo.
    Keep us all posted. And good luck!

4. James17

James17

fleet
    AG 200

Yeah I'd never buy cars based on the value going up but it's quite a nice side thing I think

5. nutnutwelshman

Heathrow
    220T TROPHY
    Then would have kept my 355 years ago

6. Micah

Micah Clumsy McButterfingers Gold Member

Medway, Kent
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Cheers Ben, I've looked on AT and I'm a bit stuck as to what to put it up for :worried:

7. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    You had an F355? Photos please mate!!!

8. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    @Micah

If you've fallen out of love with the Mk3 and have fallen in love with the Mk4, there's really nothing you can do about it mate. There's no question it's a much better car in almost every way. Plus it's certainly quicker. I'd not be unhappy owning one for absolute certain.

I know I've said this in SMS already but very best of luck making the move, hope it all goes smoothly for you.

I also hope you go white, with white wheels and a cup spoiler! :wink:

Micah likes this.
  9. Micah

Micah Clumsy McButterfingers Gold Member

Medway, Kent
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Very kind words Mes, thank you. This is what I drove, and they do look nice from certain angles. I’m still mulling over the deal to be honest...

f3a8511d9c8346be1e502ce95b0b66e5.jpg
    c23ef6d7069e79777992857e37c3a7c8.jpg

///M likes this.
  10. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    That's just the ticket mate, just needs white wheels and the cup spoiler!

:wink:

11. peter

peter POTM Winner - February 2017 Gold Member

b e l g i u m
    RB7 #166
    totally understand why you'd want one, micah.
    if they'd just made it with a fat arse like my mk3, i'd probably would have bought one.

looks like renault learned their lesson, since it looks like the mk4 megane RS has a wider body than the non-RS model.

Micah likes this.
  12. Jimmy

Jimmy Good cop Administrator

As above, totally understandable why you're going for the mk4 Micah. They are awesome cars - I was hugely impressed when @Chris took me for a blast in his, pre-remap (so I can only imagine what it's like now :smile: ). Plus there were a lot of smiles and praise on the Dales run when passenger rides were being handed out... The looks might not be everyone's cup of tea, but that's more because Renault hit the nail so firmly on the head with the looks of the mk3.

We all know that moment when we 'fall out of love' with a car and it's time to move on - for whatever reasons they may be. We can try and hold on, but ultimately we have to take that step.

Best of luck with it all Micah - both with the sale of the 200 and finding a good deal on the new whip :wink:

Micah likes this.
  13. nutnutwelshman

Heathrow
    220T TROPHY
    I drove an old 200 at the weekend could never go back now

14. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    sorry i didnt reply earlier man..what a great story..i completely understand Micah!!these mk4's are a great car and very practical while being a sleeping monster..all you have to do is to wake her up by pressing the "RS" button...enjoy your new car..

nutnutwelshman likes this.