Soon to be R27 owner

Hey guys,
Thought i should introduce myself..
I'm currently on the look out for an R27 clio to upgrade from my saxo :tongueout:inky: as i turn 21 in just under 8 weeks time.
Cannot wait to get behind the wheel of the clio. Anyways, it's good to be on the forum :smile:

Welcome along!

Insurance wont be cheap but its all worth it mate :smile:.

Check out Greenlight insurance, they just became a club trader and gave me a really good rate on mine (including having my 21 year old girlfriend on the policy).

Buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it.....

Disclaimer: I do not know or have anything to do with the eBay seller... If you buy it and If it's a bag of nails and/or a heap of **** my peer pressure does not make it my fault.

I upgraded from a Saxo VTR! You will enjoy the change!

Insurance still seems a bit high tho. I'm paying less than that and am 21. All the other factors to consider in it though!

:bounce:

:welcome: to the site dude

Saxo eh? Does that mean you are a fan of Moke on Saxperience?! :smile:

I had a VTS - I adored that car so much, I miss her loads :worried:

Anyway enjoy your stay :smile:

Yeah my saxo is only a furio (1.4) model with VT kit. So this should be a big upgrade :smile:

I've just had a quick quote on direct line, £1,284.72 when i'm 21.

theres a racing blue F1 on ebay at the minute

Yeah i've seen it but its 07 plate, i'm after the 57 plate. Reason being, they have the black headlights instead of clear and also i've been told they have the revised 197 box in them..

Last edited:
not necessary, the black headlights were an option so can be on any 197, and the revised gearbox was developed late 2007, and will find that renault gave people owner the option of having the gearbox changed under warrenty for those with pre 57 plate.

not necessary, the black headlights were an option so can be on any 197, and the revised gearbox was developed late 2007, and will find that renault gave people owner the option of having the gearbox changed under warrenty for those with pre 57 plate.

Ryan is totally correct. I think your wise to hunt for a later one as I did the same. My warranty ran out 14th dec 2010.

As Ryan said the lights are an option at the factory and were certainly something that I had to have as like you i also feel they make a massive difference to the front end.

Good luck hunting bud!

Ah cool i didn't know that, just that every listing i've seen on the net seems have clear lights on the 07 and black on the 57.

Ryan is totally correct. I think your wise to hunt for a later one as I did the same. My warranty ran out 14th dec 2010.

As Ryan said the lights are an option at the factory and were certainly something that I had to have as like you i also feel they make a massive difference to the front end.

Good luck hunting bud!

Yeah still going to look out for a 57 :smile: