Sony Vs Samsung

Ok,
so been looking to invest in a new telly for some time and have narrowed it down to the Sony HX8 or Samsung ES8000. Only problem is I found the Samsung picture to appear over processed and the Sony to have slightly cloudy images. I've read Metalpen's post about his Samsung but wondered if anyone has the Sony and can tell me a bit about their experience. The Sony picture problem was evident when it was using normal (aerial fed) signal.

Thanks

Mate I've got an led Sony and love it but you can't go wrong with either I just find the Sony better made and doesn't vibrate like some of the Samsungs I've had in the past.

We have always had Sony TV's in our house and i can vouch for their quality and reliability as none of them have ever let us down. I can't say much about the mentioned model because i don't have it but my parents have a similar model and it really is excellent. Having said that i think Samsung now have a slightly brighter and sharper image in theirs. Overall in terms of design and the whole package i would go for Sony :wink:

I'm not 100% sure but i believe the Sony HX8 uses a samsung panel/screen.

i do not have a good word to say about sony i am afraid. over the years i have had 2 teles and a high end cinema system all fail on me after not much use and not being very old. i have 4 samsung tvs in my house, and have had a couple more before this. i have not had one bit of trouble with any of these, so in my experience, samsung has been a much better buy!

You'll find that the only differences in brands are the software. Samsung and LG make 90% of the screens that you will find in all the top branded tellys.

Get the samsung. It's lush!

Personally, if you don't NEED to upgrade, have a look to see how long OLED screens will take to come down in price. That's the next gen TV right there

I have just bought the Samsung, the screens you see in the shops aren't set up correctly.

Have a look for reviews on the ES8000 and how to set it up properly, the picture quality improves when you make a couple of really simple changes.

Do it!! :smile:

Sony hx853 all the way. I fix tvs for a living and now own two of this series :smile: Had a 55es8000 come up free, put it up for sale straight away!

The Samsung leads the way with features, ie motion n voice control but its also one of my most popular repairs....

Sony with the glass front looks awesome. Plus the es8000 n es7000 are pretty much the same.