Sold the Meglio Cup Car... Now project 205...

Epic stance that. Looking VERY swell indeed.....

Where you getting it mapped ?

I think I'm going to take a RIP over to engine dynamics, handiest one for me..

Kind of interested in cams second hand, but for the money they will still cost, it's not going to make a big difference in the long run... we'll see..

Reactions: sevenfourate
I think I'm going to take a RIP over to engine dynamics, handiest one for me..

Kind of interested in cams second hand, but for the money they will still cost, it's not going to make a big difference in the long run... we'll see..

We gained around 10bhp with catcams (402's) and and RST remap, also gained a chunk of torque in the mid range

Its probably the most expensive 10bhp that you will ever buy but the improvement in performance is definitely there

We gained around 10bhp with catcams (402's) and and RST remap, also gained a chunk of torque in the mid range

Its probably the most expensive 10bhp that you will ever buy but the improvement in performance is definitely there

Yea with my airbox efforts it would be nice to get a bit more potential from the engine.. Won't cost much to fit, just had the belt done so only a new belt and auto tensioner at best. Just after some cams in good nick.

Some kalatzis cams are for sale, but are about the same price as new, only about 450 euro new. At the minute I probably don't need to rush into mapping I suppose, worst thing I could do now is need mapping twice!

Yea with my airbox efforts it would be nice to get a bit more potential from the engine.. Won't cost much to fit, just had the belt done so only a new belt and auto tensioner at best. Just after some cams in good nick.

Some kalatzis cams are for sale, but are about the same price as new, only about 450 euro new. At the minute I probably don't need to rush into mapping I suppose, worst thing I could do now is need mapping twice!

If the 402's hadn't come along I believe we were going to fit the Kalatzis cams

As they are new, unused and available I'd be on the phone discussing the price and getting them in and mapped.

Its only money !!!

Reactions: A1axx
If the 402's hadn't come along I believe we were going to fit the Kalatzis cams

As they are new, unused and available I'd be on the phone discussing the price and getting them in and mapped.

Its only money !!!

Thanks for the bad influence, kalatzis bought!

Out of curiosity, is there any feedback about these kalatzis cams?

Similar sort of specs to cats, little less lift @10.5mm

I've spent so much on bolt on breathing mods I'm mad not to get cams.

So no big changes this week

Asts are still awesome! I have put the car in hibernation now, all wd40'd and ready to relax for a few months... won't stop the tinkering though!!

So I bought kalatzis cams from a user on here... at first not a fan of the fact they are reprofiled.. not my thing really but hey ho..

In order to fit correctly I realised I need shims for tappets...

Kalatzis have experience with this and you know what? Fair play he is sending the set for free

I worked out roughly I need .8mm and .55mm shims, he has them measured up as .75mm and .55mm so that's spot on.

Even though he can supply 402s I've been assured they are just as good.. time will tell

Other than that, I bought a raptor lightened pulley, got a little anxious about running it undamped although he's had no issues.

Here is the 182 damped pulley I intend to fit. 1148g, under half the weight of the 2330g standard 197 item...

IMG_4743.jpg

Just cleaned and a touch of paint

Attachments

• IMG_4744.jpg
    IMG_4744.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: RSPez
Will be interested to see about the lightened crank pulley, what's the difference in Dia? I had to put a new crank pulley on mine before a track day earlier in the year, really died when I saw the price for Renault but I needs it asap.

Will be interested to see about the lightened crank pulley, what's the difference in Dia? I had to put a new crank pulley on mine before a track day earlier in the year, really died when I saw the price for Renault but I needs it asap.

Yea I had a couple of solid pulleys I could have used... got rid of them both on on eBay and facey

It's 20% smaller in diameter.

Yeap I have a 197 harmonic one that I wanted to use but it's dead, innards are coming out! This was free!

So off with all the aux pulley setup, just running the alternator and no idlers

Reactions: tombate911
Yea I had a couple of solid pulleys I could have used... got rid of them both on on eBay and facey

It's 20% smaller in diameter.

Yeap I have a 197 harmonic one that I wanted to use but it's dead, innards are coming out! This was free!

So off with all the aux pulley setup, just running the alternator and no idlers

Are you just running a rose jointed link on the alternator to get the belt tension correct? Thinking of doing an AC delete on mine in that way.

Reactions: A1axx
R3 maxi cams, R3 maxi pistons, decent exhaust manifold and 230bhp is achieved. I speak from experience. :smiley:

Nice mate!! I'm much more mild than that haha...

Just finished my new panel. Installing a race heater.

IMG_4861.jpg

I absolutely ripped the matrix out as the cage was blocking the dash bar from coming out