slightly worried.

about my clutch, but the cars only just done 35K

How long does standard clutch usually last on these?

I just have a horrible feeling it is ever so slightly slipping.

Car is a november 56 plate completely standard 197. The pedal seems sound, not sinking etc, but every now and again after a blast or even a pootle, i can smell burning clutch when I get out the car. Not strong, but its there.

Ive tried booting it in a high gear, even uphill, and it seems ok to me.

Can anyone confirm where the rev's are at 70mph in 6th gear as mine is at about 3.4/5K rpm

If anyone could put my mind to rest it would be greatly appreciated as Ive only had the car about 2 weeks and dont want to be shelling out for a new clutch already! (cambelt is due in Nov! Renault Warrington ((gemini)) quoted me a ludicris amount.........£670!)

you'd like to think it's not needing replaced mate. but if it's had a moron, or woman, owner who has just had the clutch on the biting point all the time, it is entirely feasible for the clutch to be done. was it after a particular hard drive at all?
those revs are fine for 70mph mate :smile:

Mine smelt a bit clutchy the other day after I had a little play the other day. Sometimes the clutch feels a bit strange and the bitting point seems to change, notice it more when on a hill.

No its just every now and again I can smell it, feel a bit more relieved now like. Cheers for that :smile:

Just out of interest are these dual mass flywheel or "normal" ? Dual mass flywheels can be a right ball ache if it is...

Also, while I'm here to save making another thread about clutches, what do people recommend for replacement? I can get a LUK kit fairly cheap, but I'm tempted to see if theres any "uprated" ones about that anyone can recommend?

I'm on 83k km that should be around 50k miles and mine is fine, the only time it had smelled was when I was parking the car up with a full set of passengers inside and a dog in the boot and it was uphill quite a bit, that was a year ago and it never appeared when driving alone or with 1 passenger, lesson learned though, will kick them passengers out when I am in a similar situation again