Silicome hose air filter question

Sorry to ask this, im sure its a simple answer just want to be sure!.

I had an excellent hose from Exon arrive yesterday, for the airfilter section see photo below, now my question is my standard one has another hose section coming off of it...the Exon one does not can this simply be disconnected or am I really missing something?!

Photo shows the centre blue pipe by the dip stick I bought..

IMAG2178_1.jpg

There's two air feeds to the standard airbox.

The one below is just another way of providing cold air to the aftermarket filter it looks like you have installed. Can be removed if required however isn't doing any harm

Thats not actually my engine bay, but yes i have k tec induction kit so can just be disconnected then no issues?

pretty sure it can be left alone or removed..as above its another feed of cold air to the standard air box..

looks mainly...well the silicone hoses are a smooth surface so the air flow is meant to be a bit better but doubt it affects performance too much..

Interesting though isnt it.....

Because i've seen other go-faster inserts for the intake and chat about throttle bodies, the butterflies, constrictions, venturi effect etc: that sometimes talk about purposely disrupting the airflow to give better response / HP etc

I realise on our road cars with our system this is all a macro-effect anyway - but as with alot of things after some Googling; it all seems a bit conflicting ? !

Reactions: kevlar