Side bullets and door handles

M

Martin

Evening all,

Has anybody painted both the door handles and side bullets black on a FF 200 to match the mirrors/diffuser/front end? i know some people have done the bullets and they look quite good, but i was wondering what it would look like with the handles doing aswell.

They are the only silver bits on the car and imo i think it may look quite good tying everything in together.

Can any photoshop wizard do this before i take the plunge and start painting my car lol

looks good, would love to do it to my black R27 are the handles difficult to do?

Black on black would be good.

Two options, mask off (very very well) whilst on the car or I think it is a doorcard-off job to remove the handle.

Spray, sand, spray, laquer and you are done :wink:

i like that, thanks paul. I have no problem doing the bullets because they arent that expensive and if i ruin them, i could easily get another set.

How easy are the door handles and push buttons to remove? also are replacement items expensive? Foxspeed?? :smile:

Do you reckon gloss instead of matt? the only thing that is Matt black atm is the alloys and im going to be getting those done Gloss next spring.

Would love my door handles done after nearly 5 yrs they could do with a spruce up

I would do them to match for the time being and then re-do them in spring with the alloys, try it on with the sprayer and see if you can get them done at the same time?

Direct from Renault they are approx £100 each, inc fitting (I think), that is what I was quoted last week with the lock not working....

I am sure that won't be the case though :wink:

Got some 3M matte finish black wrap delivered today. First up is going to be badges, then bullets, then mirrors, then handles and possibly covering all of the gloss black on the car in matte wrap.

Ive got a Storm Grey, so im hoping the contrast of gloss 'Primer' and matte black is going to look awesome.

Ive wanted to do the handles black since i got the car! I think it looks the nuts! But they are a pig to get off and i dont like the idea of doing it on the car! :/ let us know how you get on! :smile:

Ive wanted to do the handles black since i got the car! I think it looks the nuts! But they are a pig to get off and i dont like the idea of doing it on the car! :/ let us know how you get on! :smile:

Have u tried taking them off before?
By the looks of that guide, its just a lot to take off to get to them. Also that guide doesnt look like its for the Keyless entry models. Will let you know how i get on tho.

What colour would people paint the 'Renaultsport' on the Bullets? I'm thinking AG

Have u tried taking them off before?
By the looks of that guide, its just a lot to take off to get to them. Also that guide doesnt look like its for the Keyless entry models. Will let you know how i get on tho.

What colour would people paint the 'Renaultsport' on the Bullets? I'm thinking AG

I think you should do the whole bullet AG and then the writing in Black, will look much better imo than a black bullet and green writing cause the door strip is green too

I think you should do the whole bullet AG and then the writing in Black, will look much better imo than a black bullet and green writing cause the door strip is green too

Good shout, i like that idea