Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

i wouldn't paint the spoiler black. can't look good.
if you decide on wrapping it black i'd go all out ... sunstrip - roof - top of the boot lid - spoiler

Reactions: sevenfourate
In my opinion that white damage is exactly what it looks like when you go through lacquer. You took too much lacquer off from spoiler. You have to be really careful with plastic parts and machines. Rotarys are more dangerous than da machines.
It is difficult because you cannot measure lacquer like metal parts with meter.

Awesome results, Shuv, to be expected of course :wink: beautiful car mate.

That is a shame about the paint on the spoiler... however I admire your attitude towards it: onward and upwards :smile: I think the black spoiler/b-pillars would looks good - will match with the front end?? Looking forward to hearing what you decide on.

In my opinion that white damage is exactly what it looks like when you go through lacquer. You took too much lacquer off from spoiler. You have to be really careful with plastic parts and machines. Rotarys are more dangerous than da machines.
It is difficult because you cannot measure lacquer like metal parts with meter.

It was a DA Antti. And as i did say: only one very light pass on the spoiler with no pressure. Bearing in mind how exceptional the rest of the car turned out with only a really light cut and a polish - i suspect it was coming anyway and anyone would have done the same.

The paint was coming off by hand in a matter of seconds with SRP and a rag in the end..... :-(

GAME OVER !! 7 hours today and 25 hours in total this weekend.

Negatives:

1./ I HATED machine polishing. With a passion. Never again. Zero enjoyment whatsoever.
2./ I've screwed up (Made worse a crap paint job ?) on my spoiler.
3./ Seriously overcast today and the pics i took outside with my phone were awful so i cant really show my work......

Positives:

Really glad i gave it a go for myself - it's all a learning process :smile: Car looks the best it's ever done. Now i have a chance to have the spoiler re-done. Have i burned some calories !!!

So:

Car was decontaminated with Autosmart Fall-out remover.
Clay-barred with Soft White Clay.
Wheels sealed with FinishKare 1000P.
Glass sealed with Angelwax H2GO.
2 stage machine polish with 3M compounds. **Green and Ultrafina SE
Hard to reach parts and Bumper / diffuser / mirrors etc hand polished with Autoglym SRP,
2 coats of Collinite 476. Left to cure overnight.
1 last coat of Collinite 476.
1 coat Fusso wax.
Wipe over with Bouncers Done and Dusted QD spray.
Exterior plastics treated with Auto Finesse Revive.
Tyres dressed with Autoglym Instant tyre dressing.

35267365854_79128f198a_b.jpg

35267366864_fc7f13fb16_b.jpg

35938297832_0d631cf641_b.jpg

35938298552_9fa564d2c9_b.jpg

35938299262_1df1f6a7e8_b.jpg

CLICK ON VIMEO (Bottom right) ONCE VIDEOS BELOW ARE PLAYING TO SEE FULL SCREEN:

How do you like fresh polished paintwork if you feel it with your hand? It is like glass. I am sort of addicted for freshly polished paintwork. It is so nice to look.. touch and wax. Great that you did it yourself. It is hard work but i think results will be so rewarding.

Lol on the hating machine polishing! I thought you would but these things you have to try! I do too, as I said, mine never sees the light of day now, I'm pretty fussy about my car but machine polishing it to death like some and applying all the glazes etc with one.....no way, I've got my cars to a stage where a car full wash and quick detail or p21 wax is all I need, I think using a machine would only gain me prob a 5% better finish that I have now! R.E.M. Your the only one that knows the effort put in, 100% of every one you pass in the car will not.

Car does look very well though!

great results Syer..i've done this once and said exactly the same..
not done it since,and its been nearly 3 years..the car looks clean as ever..great vids too..

so that's three coats of collinite 476, right?
why then the fusso wax? extra shine?

That's the theory Peter.

Doubtful 3 coats of collinite is any 'better' than 1. It just ensures full and absolute coverage.

Seeing as that is supposed to be very hardy: but not hugely glossy as-such - the Fusso is then the hopefully sacrificial glossy top layer....

which fusso wax did you use, syer?

i have the 12M on the car. shine is absolutely brilliant, as is the beading. on my black car it was a pain to buff out though. i've also got luxury gloss spray wax (only used it once), which is equally hard to remove without leaving 'clouds' on the car. could be that i'm using too much product. i understand that 'less is more' when applying wax.

http://www.nipponshine.com/shop/body-sealant/879/
http://www.nipponshine.com/shop/wax/luxury-gloss-spray-wax-500ml/

which fusso wax did you use, syer?

i have the 12M on the car. shine is absolutely brilliant, as is the beading. on my black car it was a pain to buff out though. i've also got luxury gloss spray wax (only used it once), which is equally hard to remove without leaving 'clouds' on the car. could be that i'm using too much product. i understand that 'less is more' when applying wax.

http://www.nipponshine.com/shop/body-sealant/879/
http://www.nipponshine.com/shop/wax/luxury-gloss-spray-wax-500ml/

Fusso light Peter:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/fusso-coat-light-200g/prod_1731.html

In regard of 'less is more'.....yes im very guilty of NOT doing this at times. And its so important with so many products isnt it ! I had a 'Polishing aid' spray [Used for priming cutting sponges, lubricating panels, can be used to claybar etc).....and a little of this sprayed onto my application sponge at times when applying waxes meant less product was needed. Meaning easier wiping off afterwards......i think :smile:

Before i machine polished (For the first time) i watched this from Forensic Detailing and sent to me by Sean_197 here:

In it he recommends these buffing cloths (5 minutes 40 seconds in) :

http://www.saverschoiceuk.com/autom...ibre-edgeless-korean-car-detailing-cloth.html

And i can tell you they are AMAZING ! And if you buy 5 - the price gets reduced. Unbelievably soft, unbelievable good at mopping off polish / wax....and they wash really-really well. I shall be buying more and using these religiously instead of any microfibre cloths now. The difference in feel, gliding off the car and general quality was night and day to anything i already had.......

That website also has a lot of other quality detailing products cheap !

Hope that helps.

Fusso light Peter:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/fusso-coat-light-200g/prod_1731.html

In regard of 'less is more'.....yes im very guilty of NOT doing this at times. And its so important with so many products isnt it ! I had a 'Polishing aid' spray [Used for priming cutting sponges, lubricating panels, can be used to claybar etc.....and a little of this sprayed onto my application sponge at times when applying waxes meant less product was needed. Meaning easier wiping off afterwards......i think :smile:

Before i machine polished (For the first time) i watched this from Forensic Detailing and sent to me by Sean_197 here:

In it he recommends these buffing cloths (5 minutes 40 seconds in) :

http://www.saverschoiceuk.com/autom...ibre-edgeless-korean-car-detailing-cloth.html

And i can tell you they are AMAZING ! And if you buy 5 - the price gets reduced. Unbelievably soft, unbelievable good at mopping off polish / wax....and they wash really-really well. I shall be buying more and using these religiously instead of any microfibre cloths now. The difference in feel, gliding off the car and general quality was night and day to anything i already had.......

That website also has a lot of other quality detailing products cheap !

Hope that helps.

I bought a pack of 5 of these from Inram today at Waxstock. Softest microfibre I have every used. Inram is a very nice bloke, he helped me with everything I enquired about. His stall was ram packed everytime I went back. I did complain that he made me spend a lot of money though...

The Drinker drying towel is, again, the best drying towel I have ever used.

I bought a pack of 5 of these from Inram today at Waxstock. Softest microfibre I have every used. Inram is a very nice bloke, he helped me with everything I enquired about. His stall was ram packed everytime I went back. I did complain that he made me spend a lot of money though...

The Drinker drying towel is, again, the best drying towel I have ever used.

Is Inram the owner of the website ?

The quality is unreal. And unlike many cheap cloth products they washed REALLY well. We have a washing machine at work. So in between coats etc - i was bunging them in for a quick-wash and tumble-dry. After quite a few washes; they are and still feel like (As soft as) new....

Is Inram the owner of the website ?

The quality is unreal. And unlike many cheap cloth products they washed REALLY well. We have a washing machine at work. So in between coats etc - i was bunging them in for a quick-wash and tumble-dry. After quite a few washes; they are and still feel like new....

Yep, owner of Saverschoice and In2Detailing (Sister company). I echo the comment about quality. Some towels after washing become almost 'matted' yet these retain the softness wash after wash.

Odd, it's not on the saverschoice website, but it is on the In2Detailing site:

http://www.in2detailing.co.uk/drinker-xl-drying-towel-60cm-x-90cm.html

Fantastic - thankyou.

Can you really easily do the whole car with one towel without ringing out :smile:

Yep, If the car is beading and well protected, I can lay it onto the roof in 4 sections, pat dry and remove. Sides are the same. The towel doesn't even feel wet after. Leave it to dry and then reuse. I only use the towel for drying, that's why its never washed.

The problem with our Clio's is you are chasing water drops endlessly.

Yep, If the car is beading and well protected, I can lay it onto the roof in 4 sections, pat dry and remove. Sides are the same. The towel doesn't even feel wet after. Leave it to dry and then reuse. I only use the towel for drying, that's why its never washed.

The problem with our Clio's is you are chasing water drops endlessly.

Cheers. Will order a couple now.....

HA HA - yes. They sit behind the mirror trim, reproduce and come out like lemmings down the front of the doors......

Then theres the ones from the bottom of the doors that love to go all over the front of the sill.

The stuff that comes from the bootlid / top of boot / under rear glass.

And the stuff that sits in the roof channels that 'explodes' over the rear end when you first move off after drying like a champion...