Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Stunning results as always Shuv. They say you get out what you put in, and your car is a (literally) shining example of that.. As Ben says, she is getting very close to Garage Queen standards :wink: but understandably so mate, I couldn't bear to drive a car that was as 'clean' as that :smile:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Good work, it is smart to do first day that cleaning part only. Usually it takes something like 2-6 hours. Cleaning and claying..
Was there lot of iron particles in lacquer? Those fallout removers do make thos spot purple. Like iron dust in wheels.
De-iron fluids are ace to use when washing wheels. Work like wonder..

Good luck for polishing phase.. take your time, no hurry and keep some breaks and remember to eat and drink enough. It is hard work

Lie-in this morning so didn't start until 5.45am.....

Let me start right off the bat by saying how very little i enjoyed machine polishing. Hard-work, boring as sin and i'd call this the 'donkey work' of detailing as i imagined. Extremely non-tactile as i thought (And i guess its the finer details i do enjoy) and i'm not sure a Clio with plastic / aluminium panels is very user-friendly car to start with. I shall be paying a pro next time i promise :smile:

Anyway. Job done in essence. 2 stage polish done and the car has had 2 coats of Collinite all over, the wheels have been sealed as has the glass.

Tomorrow will be a wash-down, dry, Bouncers done and dusted, tyres dressed and quick whip around the interior.

***Pics not as good today as taken inside. And less as i was busy. And crap quality as i was rushing around like a headless chicken :smile:

Like a knob - i forgot to take my Poorboys Black hole to work. Have to say though: Autoglym SRP with Collinite on top looks just dandy on the bumper, mirrors and diffuser gloss black bits..

36090241865_46d09e9070_b.jpg

Front end:

36090240935_5f95bb34bb_b.jpg

Scratched / scuffed sills was one area i worked hard on. Came up well i reckon.............

36050449096_12a80d367b_b.jpg

And as its been left tonight:

36050447266_8f94e48677_b.jpg

***Time spent today: 13 hours on the nose.

What i must also say - it it wasnt all good.......

Saw a mark on the spoiler that wouldn't come off. Looked like a bit of hardened polish at first. Not many mm long. So i put some Autoglym SRP on a sponge applicator and gave it a couple of wipes by hand. Literally. Then buffed off and found this !

35957137451_b794ba455a_b.jpg

*****The white mark on the right hand side of the picture, on the edge of the upper level of the spoiler - is actually undercoat. For whatever reason im through the paint. If it was thin there anyway. if i did it polishing, (Came away easy enough polishing by hand) or something else i know not. Makes no difference - i now need to do something..

I'm thinking of going gloss black with the spoiler, and having the B-pillars done gloss black (Or wrapped) as the paint under there isnt great; and getting a gloss black sunstrip at the same time.

Thoughts on a contrasting - not colour coordinated spoiler ? :smile:

Beautiful Shuv. I really need to get a DA and start practicing and then unleash myself on my own car when I've honed my skills enough lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful Shuv. I really need to get a DA and start practicing and then unleash myself on my own car when I've honed my skills enough lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers - just go for it on your own motor. Like me :smile:

Hopefully some finished shots in the sunshine tomorrow might show it in its true light........

Great work there Syer, that car is spotless, I tell thee!
Why don't you ask Uncle Mes if he can photoshop the black spoiler? @///M

Now there's a good idea Micah - I wonder if my good friend could find me up 10 minutes :smile:

A bit of Yin and Yang this weekend with finally doing the 'mega' clean.....and finding out the colour of the primer too !!

Final coat of wax on already this am. Wiped off and cleaned and hoovered the inside while it cured. Just been around all the shuts, nooks and crannies etc with various detailing bushes to get rid of polish residue.

Just a wash, dry and exterior trim treatment and then finally QD gloss to go !!

Reactions: ///M
Now there's a good idea Micah - I wonder if my good friend could find me up 10 minutes :smile:

A bit of Yin and Yang this weekend with finally doing the 'mega' clean.....and finding out the colour of the primer too !!

Final coat of wax on already this am. Wiped off and cleaned and hoovered the inside while it cured. Just been around all the shuts, nooks and crannies etc with various detailing bushes to get rid of polish residue.

Just a wash, dry and exterior trim treatment and then finally QD gloss to go !!

Can sort this for you later.

I'll be back to drool over how good your car looks too.

Looks fantastic syer, you really are outdoing yourself! Did you strike through the paint or was it close to that before you started? Probably just a case of the aftermarket painting of the spoiler being a bit lite!

Looks fantastic syer, you really are outdoing yourself! Did you strike through the paint or was it close to that before you started? Probably just a case of the aftermarket painting of the spoiler being a bit lite!

I'm not sure.

Suspect it was me - but suspect it was extremely scant !

I literally saw a 'mark'. Dabbed a bit of SRP on a rag....and the paint was coming off before my eyes. I did get the polisher on there previously. But just a couple of really light passes.

Oh well...