Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Fingers crossed it's just a numpty error. I'd have made my thoughts very clear on them letting an amateur anywhere near my car. You and your gorgeous motor deserve better as such a long standing customer! Hope the gaffer got the message!

He got the message :smile:

Meanwhile. No oily garage floor last night either...

Reactions: Beany
That is a good outcome then, Shuv. I'd rather take a genuine mistake on a simple job, than a big fault on a big job :smile: I totally understand your frustration at a less experienced tech working on your car - they all have to start somewhere, otherwise they'll never gain the necessary experience - however given the care you give your motor and the length of time you've been a customer of that garage, yours wasn't probably the best one to let him earn his stripes on :wink:

Reactions: sevenfourate
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: What's his problem, you've not spent any money at all recently have you?

I've been trying to re-call a funny quip - with a financial content - as a retort to your somewhat monetary involved post.....

However its struck me that im dealing with someone here; who's just "invested" (Wouldn't i be the Bank Manager of your dreams ? :smile: ) £50k in a SECOND plaything. I'll just leave that one there.......

You and your significant other play the game and know the score buddy. Just means eating into another savings fund. A fund that's always so easy to whittle into and so hard to build. Still at least my seat fund remains untouched. As yet !

What i can share though is any savings i do have will be growing somewhat faster now - due to a 17% (I kid you not) pay-rise after the long awaited boss discussion and somewhat unexpected job title upgrade a while ago.

That is a good outcome then, Shuv. I'd rather take a genuine mistake on a simple job, than a big fault on a big job :smile: I totally understand your frustration at a less experienced tech working on your car - they all have to start somewhere, otherwise they'll never gain the necessary experience - however given the care you give your motor and the length of time you've been a customer of that garage, yours wasn't probably the best one to let him earn his stripes on :wink:

Echo your sentiments entirely my friend. I wouldnt have been fazed any; if the boss had of told me who'd worked on it. Said he'd checked it himself after completion. And even told me i might encounter some overflow spillage in the short term.

Also possibly wouldn't have been quite so alarming if it had been anything else other than a possible issue on a well documented weak-spot. ie: The gearbox.

Me being me (?) just envisioned beans on toast every night for the next 2 months......

***No oil puddle at all under the car today either. Thats nearly 3 days without another sign. Who'd want a 100% reliable car anyway......

At the end of the day mate, the way I see it, it's there for spending. I've got bugger all money but it's because I spend it all having fun! IF I make it to retirement age, I intend to be fully broke. I'll get more out of the government that way, if I have anything left, they'll want it all!

:smiley:

I hope it is not serious problem with gearbox. Luckily those are not so mega expensive if worst things happen with these cars.
Like for example vw dsg it is over 7000£ to replace..

I've been threatening a 'mega detail' for months. Today it began:

Wheels deep cleaned / decontaminated with Bilberry.
Under the arches thoroughly cleaned.
BiltHammer Autofoam snow-foam.
Rinse.
Washed with Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo and microfibre mitt.
Rinse and dry.
Autosmart fallout remover.
Rinse, Wash and dry.
Clay-barred with soft white Clay and plenty of lube, inc windows, lights and mirrors.
Wash, rinse and dry yet a bloodygain....
Tucked in unit overnight ready for stage 2; starting at 5am tomorrow.........

***5 hours today.

35230473814_246dac0211_b.jpg

36029814676_aa358c3861_b.jpg

35230472274_0c81a93710_b.jpg

35901074232_5aa9807a5b_b.jpg

35901073752_990d58df8b_b.jpg

Err... why the need for more cleaning?:think:

Looks impeccable as always bud:wink:

Edit: multiple stage machine polish paint restoration :smile:

Last edited:
Lost for words mate. Yours and Antti's are definitely the cleanest on the forum. All about attention to detail and I know you have that by the truckload.

WISH ours looked that good.

Absobloodylutely GORGEOUS.

Lost for words mate. Yours and Antti's are definitely the cleanest on the forum. All about attention to detail and I know you have that by the truckload.

WISH ours looked that good.

Absobloodylutely GORGEOUS.

M8. Thankyou.

These were only pics to document the 'prep-work' though. On what promises to be a 3 day 'exterior fest'. Albeit some of that due to the fact I've never actually machine polished before as-such !

I haven't even broken the polisher or the wax out yet.....

And Antti's is on another level paint-wise I suspect. To be mentioned in the same breath is an accolade in itself :smile:

Another insomniac ?

Reactions: ///M
M8. Thankyou.

These were only pics to document the 'prep-work' though. On what promises to be a 3 day 'exterior fest'. Albeit some of that due to the fact I've never actually machine polished before as-such !

I haven't even broken the polisher or the wax out yet.....

And Antti's is on another level paint-wise I suspect. To be mentioned in the same breath is an accolade in itself :smile:

Another insomniac ?

:smiley: I know I know, I read the "began" bit.

But bloody hell, look at it!!!