Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

A soft start is good because it doesn't kick too much and it won't flick compound everywhere, the sealey ones have a wheel to adjust speed so you can just start slow and speed up, don't want to go too fast though. We use the sealey ones professionally and they tend to last about a year until the brushes need changing in the motor but that's used twice a day every day.

Thanks for that info. Thats helpful.

I can get a Sealey one at a really great price through Cromwell tools at work too; which is good if the machine is upto it. And it sounds like it is !

I'll get one sorted tomorrow and then get some quality backers, waffle heads etc on the go too.

****Just for reference - they seem to do a few. Which Sealey machine in particular are you talking about ?

Are you a detailer by trade Shane ? Or does your company do detailing, or ??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281095608814

This is the one I've been using. They've come down loads over the years though. I know there's better, more expensive ones but I'm quite happy with this one, it's what I started on and I'm still using it now.

Yes I've got a valeting & detailing business with my dad, been going about 5 years now. Didn't want to say much before as my car always gets neglected! Just don't get the time

Here's a Range Rover I did a few months ago
IMG_0954.JPG

How good does that look :smile:

You dont have to explain about your own car. I'm aware of 'busmans Holiday' and what i could do around my home ref my job - and actually it gets totally neglected :smile:

Going back to the slow-start and ramping it up once going; some of these polishers (Even many cheaper than this) advertise starting at 600rpm. I presume the Sealey starting at a low of 1400rpm isn't an issue. Even for DA virgins like me ?

Brilliant advice and thanks for your time and experience.

How good does that look :smile:

You dont have to explain about your own car. I'm aware of 'busmans Holiday' and what i could do around my home ref my job - and actually it gets totally neglected :smile:

Going back to the slow-start and ramping it up once going; some of these polishers (Even many cheaper than this) advertise starting at 600rpm. I presume the Sealey starting at a low of 1400rpm isn't an issue. Even for DA virgins like me ?

Brilliant advice and thanks for your time and experience.
Personally I think it starts slow enough. Just don't push too hard or hold it on one place for too long until you're more confident with it. Try and stay away from the edge of the panels, door handles and plastic trim like the mirror bases. The bumpers and wings will burn quicker being plastic and try to stay out of the sun. Other than that mate just go easy until you're confident.

Personally I think it starts slow enough. Just don't push too hard or hold it on one place for too long until you're more confident with it. Try and stay away from the edge of the panels, door handles and plastic trim like the mirror bases. The bumpers and wings will burn quicker being plastic and try to stay out of the sun. Other than that mate just go easy until you're confident.

You'll do for me ! Continued gratifications :smile:

Reactions: Shane_R27
DAS 6 Pro are supposed to be good DA polishers.

Cheers. Indeedy ! Not expensive either and quite a few here have one.

Seems ultimately the final finish is dependant on the quality of the backing plates, waffle pads and compounds used etc (Not to mention the care and attention of the man at the end of it all) as much as the machine itself; after a point....

The £55 DA from Argos gets really great reviews for reference. And i've no doubt with some quality add-ons and in the right hands a fantastic finish could be achieved :smile:

Where would you buy the backing plates and pads Shuv?

I've got access to a da polisher just need the right plate/pad/compound.

Interweb is a nightmare. Far to much choice. Narrowed it down to minzerna stuff or 3m

Reactions: sevenfourate
Where would you buy the backing plates and pads Shuv?

I've got access to a da polisher just need the right plate/pad/compound.

Interweb is a nightmare. Far to much choice. Narrowed it down to minzerna stuff or 3m

I'll be going ebay too mate. All the brands available there. And both of those you've mentioned get talked of on all Detailing forums. Cant see you going hugely wrong with either of those. Maybe ask my new Detailing best buddy ^^^ for some info :smile:

Far as i understand it - most machine are somewhat weighted / balanced for the size of pads they come with. Although you can go up or down in size slightly of course.

Bigger obviously covers a larger area - smaller means easier to control in tighter spaces but will take longer to cover large areas. As @Shane_R27 pointed out - taping up is needed on corners, plastic parts, around handles / trim and areas where you might drag dirt off and into the polisher. But i often do that anyway when hand polishing using detailing tape......

I'm intending getting a machine, having a look / feel and of course a go (Maybe on a work vehicle !!!) and then when im a little more sure of what i want - getting the size and compounds of backing pad / waffle's to suit.

Reactions: Big Ben
I'll be going ebay too mate. All the brands available there. And both of those you've mentioned get talked of on all Detailing forums. Cant see you going hugely wrong with either of those. Maybe ask my new Detailing best buddy ^^^ for some info :smile:

Far as i understand it - most machine are somewhat weighted / balanced for the size of pads they come with. Although you can go up or down in size slightly of course.

Bigger obviously covers a larger area - smaller means easier to control in tighter spaces but will take longer to cover large areas. As @Shane_R27 pointed out - taping up is needed on corners, plastic parts, around handles / trim and areas where you might drag dirt off and into the polisher. But i often do that anyway when hand polishing using detailing tape......

I'm intending getting a machine, having a look / feel and of course a go (Maybe on a work vehicle !!!) and then when im a little more sure of what i want - getting the size and compounds of backing pad / waffle's to suit.
Sound advice mate thanks. I'll be sure to give you or @Shane_R27 a shout before I pull the trigger.

Aiming to get the car done before I put it away for the winter:uk:

Sounds like a whole dry weekend will be needed.

Might be the hardest bit buddy !

I'm gonna sweet-talk my boss into borrowing a work van and utilising one of our units one weekend. Maybe this weekend coming if i get my ass into gear.

I can then clean, decontaminate, clay-bar and then clean and dry one Friday night. Then i'll be ready to go right away Sat morning.

I've already got some compounds, Black-hole, Collinite and wax i bought ready for this. Just need some 'hardware' now.....

Reactions: Big Ben and Micah