Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

I've just logged on today to retrieve a picture i'd never linked to (So had some hope)....

And NONE of my hundreds of files are showing. Not a single photo from im guessing 20'000 saved pics and 10 years worth of family growing up etc etc

Irrespective of the paying to link to photos stored on PB: I hope this is just a blip..........

I've just logged on today to retrieve a picture i'd never linked to (So had some hope)....

And NONE of my hundreds of files are showing. Not a single photo from im guessing 20'000 saved pics and 10 years worth of family growing up etc etc

Irrespective of the paying to link to photos stored on PB: I hope this is just a blip..........

My god. You're being held to ransom. That's disgraceful mate!!!

Thought it was only just; that my 6000th post was on here....

My re-trimmed Recaro seats (Like any 'custom' project) is turning into a bit of a saga. My man was hoping to start last week. But was 100% starting this week. I contacted him Wednesday to see if all was ok.

Turns out he's been quite ill, is way behind work-wise and still has a full interior and a few odd jobs before he even starts mine. Totally cool with me right now in an unusually calm and relaxed manner for me :smile: I have a car, i have seats...why worry.

We did 'strike a deal' of him keeping me fed with some progress pictures as he goes though; which might be nice to post here - and to keep in my massive photographic records of all the mods i've done to my car.

Other than that the car just keeps plugging along faultlessly. I really can't think of much more i'd want to do and its pretty much all i hoped for and wanted and is more than enough cheap fun for my 8-10 mile trip to work and the same back.

So my next move is likely to be purchasing another (Road legal / track) car and retire the 200 for weekend blats, and so that a few odd stone-chips and other jobs i'd always planned on doing can get done in my own time with no worry of having it off the road.

I really had my appetite whetted last night after a long conversation and have met a bunch of 5 or 6 lads who all regularly drive to Snetterton for evening trackdays. So it seems there's no time like the present as the 'mates' are already supplied.........

Hope the sun shines for you all this weekend :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy and peter
6k is outstanding. The forum is in great shape and you've played a massive part in that.

As for getting a dedicated Road legal track car....

So so Jealous:grinning:

Hope it's French and lightweight and corners on 3 wheels...!

6k is outstanding. The forum is in great shape and you've played a massive part in that : TOO KIND :smile:

As for getting a dedicated Road legal track car.... :

So so Jealous:grinning: **THERE** NOT ALOT OF GOLD !

Hope it's French and lightweight and corners on 3 wheels...! : SEMI-DECENT 172 / 182 IS MY AIM.....

Reactions: Big Ben
Thought it was only just; that my 6000th post was on here....

My re-trimmed Recaro seats (Like any 'custom' project) is turning into a bit of a saga. My man was hoping to start last week. But was 100% starting this week. I contacted him Wednesday to see if all was ok.

Turns out he's been quite ill, is way behind work-wise and still has a full interior and a few odd jobs before he even starts mine. Totally cool with me right now in an unusually calm and relaxed manner for me :smile: I have a car, i have seats...why worry.

We did 'strike a deal' of him keeping me fed with some progress pictures as he goes though; which might be nice to post here - and to keep in my massive photographic records of all the mods i've done to my car.

Other than that the car just keeps plugging along faultlessly. I really can't think of much more i'd want to do and its pretty much all i hoped for and wanted and is more than enough cheap fun for my 8-10 mile trip to work and the same back.

So my next move is likely to be purchasing another (Road legal / track) car and retire the 200 for weekend blats, and so that a few odd stone-chips and other jobs i'd always planned on doing can get done in my own time with no worry of having it off the road.

I really had my appetite whetted last night after a long conversation and have met a bunch of 5 or 6 lads who all regularly drive to Snetterton for evening trackdays. So it seems there's no time like the present as the 'mates' are already supplied.........

Hope the sun shines for you all this weekend :smile:
I'm intrigued mate! I hope that I am not going to be totally jealous of whatever you are planning! Whatever it is I hope it meets your expectations! My appetite is whetted!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Cracking post for number 6,000 Shuv! Shame the seats retrim is dragging on, but as you say: it could be a lot worse!

I think a lot of us would like a second car to keep the miles and wear off our Clios, so totally with you on wanting a 1*2 as a fun 'un. If you can, why not!

Really good to hear that you're still so happy with the RB beauty!

Reactions: sevenfourate
i think that you should get a DA polisher to do all this yourself Syer.
also i think you would enjoy tracking your car too..

Do you have a DA @Pav ?

I was about to look into getting the car machine polished. I'd be 'better' to spend the £££ on my own though really......

Seems from reading you can get away with a cheaper machine depending on usage.

But if you want a great finish you can't achieve that skimping on backing plates, pads, compounds etc

no i dont..its one of those things that i would love to own but the funds are tight atm..
have you got any in mind??

You could spend hundreds but to be honest you can get a sealey one for under £100 that will do the job just fine. Variable speed, get a thicker foam backing plate, a firm head and a soft waffle head, some 3m fast cut plus and 3m ultrafina and that's all you'll need mate

You could spend hundreds but to be honest you can get a sealey one for under £100 that will do the job just fine. Variable speed, get a thicker foam backing plate, a firm head and a soft waffle head, some 3m fast cut plus and 3m ultrafina and that's all you'll need mate

Cheers.

Ive got a few lower-priced DAS6, Kestrel, Sealey ones etc i've looked at (And thanks for ideas on other stuff needed).

The only possible issue on any of the Sealey's i've looked at - is "soft start" isnt mentioned.

In that a real must-have ?

Cheers.

Ive got a few lower-priced DAS6, Kestrel, Sealey ones etc i've looked at (And thanks for ideas on other stuff needed).

The only possible issue on any of the Sealey's i've looked at - is "soft start" isnt mentioned.

In that a real must-have ?
A soft start is good because it doesn't kick too much and it won't flick compound everywhere, the sealey ones have a wheel to adjust speed so you can just start slow and speed up, don't want to go too fast though. We use the sealey ones professionally and they tend to last about a year until the brushes need changing in the motor but that's used twice a day every day.