Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Saw a car advertised with this interior. Same design a Chris' car, but different colour. Now thinking a black orange combo of some sort would look good in your car @sevenfourate, even if it's just orange stitching.

View attachment 18457

Thanks for the pics and thoughts buddy. That's fresh !!

Some subtle Orange would look good I agree. I'm just aware (Perhaps over thinking the future ) it's not to everyone's taste.....

Need to come across the right sh**ter of a set fabric-wise at the right price. Then we're off and running....

Is there any way of getting the CS to sit any lower. My mine gripe with my old ones was they were still way too high. They always felt like you were sitting on the car, rather than in it.

That was one of my main reasons for selling mine.

Is there any way of getting the CS to sit any lower. My mine gripe with my old ones was they were still way too high. They always felt like you were sitting on the car, rather than in it.

That was one of my main reasons for selling mine.

Having never owned, sat in or really seen any to a great degree at this point - I can't help you there.

But: there are lower mounting brackets a available for sale out there. 50mm from memory.

I'll make my own if it comes to that.

@Johnny 99 your seats look fantastic John. If you don't mind me asking how much is a full leather refurb? Did you leave the door cards as they are?

Thanks Colin, they were on the car when I got it, but I have the original bill of sale & it seems the 1st owner paid £1325 on top of the cost of the Recaro upgrade in 2012. The armrest area of the door cards & the same area in the back is also leather. These "dealer fit" options normally have 2 tone leather in grey/white or red/black but my car's original owner specified plain grey plus extra padding which Trim Technik went to the dealer to fit at no extra cost. The grey/yellow seats on my mate's car were a £1700 dealer fit option with standard Renaultsport seats that he got for the price of normal black leather trim when the dealer mis-ordered his car with cloth upholstery. Door cards with grey leather armrests like mine. However in 2015 he got some 2nd hand Recaros & contacted Trim Technik who had matching covers for these at £600 (he thinks) which they fitted at their premises at extra cost. My leather Recaros & matching rear seats were one of the big attractions to my car when I was looking to buy. I travelled from Inverness to Hemel Hempstead to view/drive/buy the car from the same dealer that supplied it new. I love them. The fact that the car was low mileage, nicely specced & had every invoice plus fsh including oil changed every year was the icing on the cake. Paid too much, but I'm keeping it long term so wasn't too bothered.

Reactions: Big Ben
Thanks Colin, they were on the car when I got it, but I have the original bill of sale & it seems the 1st owner paid £1325 on top of the cost of the Recaro upgrade in 2012. The armrest area of the door cards & the same area in the back is also leather. These "dealer fit" options normally have 2 tone leather in grey/white or red/black but my car's original owner specified plain grey plus extra padding which Trim Technik went to the dealer to fit at no extra cost. The grey/yellow seats on my mate's car were a £1700 dealer fit option with standard Renaultsport seats that he got for the price of normal black leather trim when the dealer mis-ordered his car with cloth upholstery. Door cards with grey leather armrests like mine. However in 2015 he got some 2nd hand Recaros & contacted Trim Technik who had matching covers for these at £600 (he thinks) which they fitted at their premises at extra cost. My leather Recaros & matching rear seats were one of the big attractions to my car when I was looking to buy. I travelled from Inverness to Hemel Hempstead to view/drive/buy the car from the same dealer that supplied it new. I love them. The fact that the car was low mileage, nicely specced & had every invoice plus fsh including oil changed every year was the icing on the cake. Paid too much, but I'm keeping it long term so wasn't too bothered.
I paid over the odds for mine but at the end of the day if you're happy then that's all the matters mate. Recaros are nice, leather Recaros are perfect.

Reactions: Johnny 99
Woohoo! Glad you found some CSs Shuv! Hope they were a good deal and that they're good to go for more House of Shuv magic! Really chuffed for you mate.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Genuinely starting to get butterflies now buddy.

I can imagine mate! This is definitely a case of good things come to those who wait... you've sat on this (pardon the pun) for a while now, waiting for the 'right' option, and here we are! I think there's a lot of folk on here that are excited to see what you're going to be doing with those bad boys!!

I can imagine mate! This is definitely a case of good things come to those who wait... you've sat on this (pardon the pun) for a while now, waiting for the 'right' option, and here we are! I think there's a lot of folk on here that are excited to see what you're going to be doing with those bad boys!!

No pressure then ! Cheers mate :smile:

I always said i was going 'bland'; giving me an option to re-sell 'easily'. Will i have enough resolve to stick to my game-plan....

No pressure then ! Cheers mate :smile:

I always said i was going 'bland'; giving me an option to re-sell 'easily'. Will i have enough resolve to stick to my game-plan....

Haha, famous last words :wink: well, it's your car at the moment buddy, so why not make it exactly as you want it, rather than catering for someone else's potential taste... Seize the day, as some Roman geezer might have said once :smile:

Haha, famous last words :wink: well, it's your car at the moment buddy, so why not make it exactly as you want it, rather than catering for someone else's potential taste... Seize the day, as some Roman geezer might have said once :smile:

Seize the day is great. Especially if the World is about to end. When you got bills and shit and have worked bloody hard to scrimp all you can together to make this mini-project happen - unfortunately re-sale value does have a certain appeal........

So: Plan your work and then work your plan: Has now changed to - See what lairy Orange inspired theme you can dream up on the day has it Jimmy ! ? (smiling-winking-emoji)

I'm glad in some ways your not down this way and coming in to the trimmers with me for 'encouragement' :smile:

We'd end up with something looking like it was straight out of Dame Edna Everage's wardrobe !

Reactions: Jimmy