Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Ps. If you've not looked at new prices yet, don't even bother. You'd be looking upwards of £3k I reckon, maybe way more.

Just googled and your correct. Little over £3k for seats alone would see that bit covered. I'd need runners etc too of course - which presumably i'd get if buying used seats and heading the re-trim route.

You've obviously researched this a little Mes. I so nearly sent my re-trim guy a text this morning to get some idea of costs.

What are we looking at do you reckon ?

I'm in very much the same boat as you; with Marbella family Hols in around a month and New York proper with 'no budget' at Xmas. Not to mention getting my middle son through driving lessons and a cheap 1st car soon.

So......i could buy some standard seats now. No real idea on retrim costs - but even if it was £100 i couldn't afford it with real-money right now ! So it will be a while for me too. This year for sure all other things considered. But looking into my Crystal ball it wont be any time real soon......

Exactly mate. A proper mod fund you stick to religiously helps manage life a bit better huh. Could grab the money from elsewhere or even borrow it but it's just easier this way.

I'm definitely game for looking into it down the line though.

Exactly mate. A proper mod fund you stick to religiously helps manage life a bit better huh. Could grab the money from elsewhere or even borrow it but it's just easier this way.

I'm definitely game for looking into it down the line though.

Hell yea. 48 easy monthly payments ain't my style of funding.

Hopefully we get a few major projects at work and a chunk of Sat and Sunday work comes in.

Either way - we'll keep in touch over the coming months......

Reactions: ///M
Just googled and your correct. Little over £3k for seats alone would see that bit covered. I'd need runners etc too of course - which presumably i'd get if buying used seats and heading the re-trim route.

You've obviously researched this a little Mes. I so nearly sent my re-trim guy a text this morning to get some idea of costs.

What are we looking at do you reckon ?

Looked into this a hell of a lot for my car mate. Like a hell of a lot.

Bottom line is new seats would be way too expensive, especially once you factor in runners and subframes and the rest as you say.

But cheap Clio ones that are really worn come up now and then and they're pretty affordable. Certainly the best route if they're going straight to the trimmer.

Retrim cost itself is going to depend very much on the spec. Are you doing the back too? Door cards? Any special details? Logo stitching in one colour or more? Occupancy sensor fitted? Upgrade to heated? Change the padding?

It's a lot to work out so it's kinda good you have some time, although I don't know how far your thinking has gone yet.

Our wheel hasn't been done either so we'll definitely be taking the chance to do that plus the gaiter so it all matches.

Reactions: sevenfourate
I've been trying to find a decent set of second hand ones ... sadly i can't afford 3k new seats lol

It may be next year as got florida planned this year and first trip to the states I don't wanna be penny pinching :smile:

Looked into this a hell of a lot for my car mate. Like a hell of a lot.

Bottom line is new seats would be way too expensive, especially once you factor in runners and subframes and the rest as you say.

But cheap Clio ones that are really worn come up now and then and they're pretty affordable. Certainly the best route if they're going straight to the trimmer.

Retrim cost itself is going to depend very much on the spec. Are you doing the back too? Door cards? Any special details? Logo stitching in one colour or more? Occupancy sensor fitted? Upgrade to heated? Change the padding?

It's a lot to work out so it's kinda good you have some time, although I don't know how far your thinking has gone yet.

Our wheel hasn't been done either so we'll definitely be taking the chance to do that plus the gaiter so it all matches.

Why doesnt your intense research surprise me :smile:

Im up there with the best of them in spending money Mes. If we talk va PM - i'll tell you about my real passion some-time.

Regarding the Clio. Mine is a £6k car as it stands. Putting in even £2k worth of seats personalised with Orange stitching, logo's etc and leaving in when i sell wouldn't be the best idea imo - for me.

And seeing as the car isn't too outlandish: i'd like to go with some pretty 'universal' looking pews so they could be easily sold in the future when i move on. Or at least i'd have that choice with a good chance of an easy re-sale.

So for me it would likely be dark leather of some sort, grey stitching perhaps, non heated, door cards etc all staying as-is, no logo's other than RECARO and the backs i couldnt care less about as long as they are in good nick. All in all a pretty basic retrim that would fit in now with me and likely slip-in to another cars interior in the future.

Again; that may change - and im really keen to get some.......but chucking £2k on seats and possibly getting £500 extra [If i'm lucky] when i move on doesn't appeal sitting here !

I've been trying to find a decent set of second hand ones ... sadly i can't afford 3k new seats lol

It may be next year as got florida planned this year and first trip to the states I don't wanna be penny pinching :smile:

Couldn't agree more.

You hoping to find and stick with a nice pair of 'standard' cloth or find a set of nice leather trimmed ones, or..... ?

Couldn't agree more.

You hoping to find and stick with a nice pair of 'standard' cloth or find a set of nice leather trimmed ones, or..... ?

I'm not that fancy so standard
Cloth ones would suit be perfectly... I know to find leather people will be jacking up the prices

£1500 - £1800 in some combination of Leather from what i've seen advertised.........

Wow.. I've seen a couple of cloth with tears go for £650 think I've seen some also advertised on FB for £850!
To be honest not seen any leathers...

What puts me off is the air bag light coming on and putting in resistors

talking big money here..better go and have my tea with some cheapo biscuits instead..good luck boys..will look awesome for sure and i will be one jealous man

Wow.. I've seen a couple of cloth with tears go for £650 think I've seen some also advertised on FB for £850!
To be honest not seen any leathers...

What puts me off is the air bag light coming on and putting in resistors

Getting it plugged into Renault CLIP sorts all that with no faffing around on ebay for 30p Chinese resistors......

But yea. £6-700 in poor nick. £1000 for a nice set of cloth and £1500 minimum for Leather from what ive seen.

haha If/when I change my seats it'll be to a proper seats of buckets with harnesses :wink:

"Proper seats". Love it !!

Horses for courses. And with your intentions - i would be too.

You saying "WHEN" must mean you have something in mind Sean........?

"Proper seats". Love it !!

Horses for courses. And with your intentions - i would be too.

You saying "WHEN" must mean you have something in mind Sean........?

Not a particular make/model, just that ideally i'd like to turn the Clio into a kind of road/race car, 'clubsport' I think the kids are calling it thesedays.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Totally get what you're saying Shuv. We have the rather massive benefit of already having the seats too.

Happy to keep an eye on it a look if we can get a bit of a discount when the time comes though.