Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Great update Shuv, and as expected the car looks superb! You can’t say there wasn’t a twinge of excitement getting the car cover off!

Pleased the decision to keep it has been made, and keeping it as a weekend toy/summer toy will help manage the mileage (will help with the value as well if you’re looking to keep long term!)

The thought of someone else driving off down the road in your own pride and joy would be a painful one to visualise!

Well done to your boy as well passing his driving test, looks like he had everything against him with different cars/instructor absence which can be unnerving on the big day!

Great update Shuv, and as expected the car looks superb! You can’t say there wasn’t a twinge of excitement getting the car cover off!

Pleased the decision to keep it has been made, and keeping it as a weekend toy/summer toy will help manage the mileage (will help with the value as well if you’re looking to keep long term!)

The thought of someone else driving off down the road in your own pride and joy would be a painful one to visualise!

Well done to your boy as well passing his driving test, looks like he had everything against him with different cars/instructor absence which can be unnerving on the big day!

Looking forward already to a meet @Benno @Johnny 99 @///M and anyone else who fancies some man-chat.

THANKS for kind words @RossWoods93

Between cancellations, instructor illness, his normal lesson car breaking down the night before the re-booked test and then taking the test in a strange car with no notice......he did bloody well if I say so myself.

Corsa has been ‘lost’. I’m looking for another run-around and he’s like a dog with 3 dicks !

Cheers again pal.....

Looking forward already to a meet @Benno @Johnny 99 @///M and anyone else who fancies some man-chat.

THANKS for kind words @RossWoods93

Between cancellations, instructor illness, his normal lesson car breaking down the night before the re-booked test and then taking the test in a strange car with no notice......he did bloody well if I say so myself.

Corsa has been ‘lost’. I’m looking for another run-around and he’s like a dog with 3 dicks !

Cheers again pal.....

Black Mk2 Clio here with low mileage. Can get some photos sent over to you if you like, I know it’s a fair distance but thought I’d mention it!

When you say lost...was it like how I lost mine? Into a wall?

Reactions: sevenfourate
Black Mk2 Clio here with low mileage. Can get some photos sent over to you if you like, I know it’s a fair distance but thought I’d mention it!

When you say lost...was it like how I lost mine? Into a wall?

Yes please Ben - tell me about the Clio: syershulver1@gmail.com

No ! That skill is all yours at present. I meant i've lost the Corsa to the boy - after him recently passing his test. The crashing into a wall / post / house / ditch is still to come :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Benno
Yes please Ben - tell me about the Clio: syershulver1@gmail.com

No ! That skill is all yours at present. I meant i've lost the Corsa to the boy - after him recently passing his test. The crashing into a wall / post / house / ditch is still to come :tearsofjoy:

Sorry mate I've got your hopes up, provisionally sold and being picked up tomorrow apparently I've just been informed! If it doesn't happen I'll buzz the pics over! Typical, it's been sat on the drive for months!!!

I'm proud of that skill, so much so, I've even found the photo out of the depths of my old phone just for you to show your son what happens when you drive a Corsa how a 197 is meant to be driven. :tearsofjoy:

P.S. apologies for the awful quality, I was trembling like a small child at the time!
35k73ue.jpg

****Apologies for crappo phone pics. Wanted to crack-on today. Will get a proper camera out tomorrow :wink:

Looking back; 5th Nov the old girl went into hibernation. So 5 months on......late yesterday.....i removed the indoor cover, took off the battery tender; checked all vital fluids etc and had an hour under the hood putting the battery cover's back on and a bit of a 'dust' / tidy-up.

6.30am sharp this morning and i open the garage door and push it out into the emerging daylight:

41115426652_7a9023f105_b.jpg

I then take 1/2 a bar of Detailing clay:

41159322491_c912e11d42_b.jpg

And set to work using a very strong wax and shampoo mix as my lube:

26286768857_7e1e9ac9c9_b.jpg

As expected (Last detail was not long before it went away) i basically then spent a solid hour and a half removing absolutely zilch :tearsofjoy: Windows were done too in this time and to be fair felt like they needed doing way more than the blue bits.

41159322861_8d9a0fccfe_b.jpg

So after i'd achieved nothing but messing up a clean car :smirk:; i fired it up.....first prod of the button !....moved it to a bit more space and washed:

41159321911_f32706ee9f_b.jpg

And dried; to reveal a surface......

41159320721_72632909f7_b.jpg

Ready for SRP applied; via a Lake Country Hydro-Tech Crimson hand polishing pad. The finest grade / least cut they do.....

41159319951_324bf15050_b.jpg

Grim old day, but at least it was dry still at this point and a couple of hours later i was happy i'd got in all the nooks and crannies i wanted to:

41159319481_e95070e854_b.jpg

Paint prep done and the SRP was removed [In the sunshine at this point !] with a couple of edgeless Korean polishing cloths:

41159316011_6f1d3356e2_b.jpg

And i was then ready for my base-layer. A long time since i've used this; and although i have bad memories of what a twat it is to apply and remove.....i do also remember how long it lasted and how great it protected (How well it continued to repel water / dirt and bead). Upto Collinite standards ? Possibly not. I do also have that here....but just fancied a change as much as anything. I reckon with the decent prep before and some good maintenance wash practices; i should squeeze the 6 months i'll need out of this no worries........

41159314991_4b9d769431_b.jpg

And then it started to rain of course. So 'we' retired to the albeit small - but dry - confines of the garage to finish applying.......

41159314381_369fdcbc63_b.jpg

And after leaving for the best part of an hour, while i grabbed a Lemon curd sandwich and a glass of milk to recover from the efforts so far :mask: I got a couple of large, clean polishing cloths and started to remove the Hybrid wax / Sealant:

41159313691_c863f5d31b_b.jpg

And now i'd resigned myself to finishing removing this stubborn as hell stuff in what felt like a telephone box; the sun came out of course !

41159313261_4dd3a8e2ff_b.jpg

I'll leave it overnight to fully cure now. Tomorrows forecast is shocking here; with rain from 6am Mon right through solidly until 2am Tues. Looks like the top coat might have to go on in the garage too as the instructions for the Supernatural Hybrid say any additional coat should be applied with 24 hours....

Day 1 complete: 8 hours 15 mins total.

Second / top coat still to apply.
Gloss Black parts to be treated with Poorboys Black Hole.
Then i shall snow-foam to get rid of the wax dust / residue and detail as 'normal' to include trims dressed, wheels cleaned, tyres dressed, glass cleaned and treated etc

Cheers for checking in......

Looking well shuv! Saying that it always has! Lol, tbh I don’t think can actually improve on the detailing side of things (as proved with the clay), it’s just a matter of playing with different combos now! I’m thinking of trying some zymol wax for a change to my usual, after something a bit longer lasting now!

Looking well shuv! Saying that it always has! Lol, tbh I don’t think can actually improve on the detailing side of things (as proved with the clay), it’s just a matter of playing with different combos now! I’m thinking of trying some zymol wax for a change to my usual, after something a bit longer lasting now!

I’ve never been into a shorter lasting but much glossier looking ‘show’ wax based around the show-n-shine scene. Too much work...some of the Uber glitzy products have a working life measured in weeks ! Or a mega long lasting Ceramic coating. I enjoy it: so why would I use ‘multi year’ lasting sealant that requires nothing to maintain ! Being able to apply and try different finishes is part of the fun to me....

In saying that (Now we’ve actually seen pics :hearteyes: ) - yours looks awesome bud.

What is your ‘normal’ wax / sealer / LSP ?

Reactions: Cossers
I’ve never been into a shorter lasting but much glossier looking ‘show’ wax based around the show-n-shine scene. Too much work...some of the Uber glitzy products have a working life measured in weeks ! Or a mega long lasting Ceramic coating. I enjoy it: so why would I use ‘multi year’ lasting sealant that requires nothing to maintain ! Being able to apply and try different finishes is part of the fun to me....

In saying that (Now we’ve actually seen pics :hearteyes: ) - yours looks awesome bud.

What is your ‘normal’ wax / sealer / LSP ?

I’ll be honest bud, that car has been waxed once in a year! I snowfoam, wash, dry and use a menzerna quick detailer! The whole process, approx 2/2.5 hours, as I’m not using the car day in day out it’s not really ever getting dirty so the qd is all I ever need, looks like I’ve spent days on it but I havnt, the qd really only lasts about one wash then you hit it a spray again! Whole car in about 30 if you taking your time.

I’m only looking to try the zymol waxes as I’ve heard their the biz!

So you think of selling again? Go for it, you have talked about the Westfield before!