Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Keep the wheels as they are for me, anything else looks too 'modified' if that makes sense, and for me isn't in keeping with the rest of the car - standard but improved, rather than modified. The car is subtle and clean, coloured wheels would ruin that.
Maybe darker silver/anthracite calipers with RB 'Brembo' lettering for me if you're doing the calipers.

Firstly huge apologies to @Jimmy and @Chris. I had phone issues for 10 days or so after a broken phone and then a lost replacement sim-card that our work provider weren't overly helpful with lets say. I likely wouldn't have made the Xmas-meet day either way so soon after holiday's and feeling jet-lagged.....and with zero chance of the Clio coming out. But that's no excuse for the ignorance of zero reply to a text message. But as i had a temp phone and a temp number in all of that....i had no idea until days later guys. I hugely appreciate the thoughts and look forward to a summer meet. When is it :sunglasses:

So: did the day go well chaps ?

Anyway; Morning all :tonguewink:

First day of the hols and i thought i owed it to do 'something' to the Clio. So me being me did a little hoovering........:tearsofjoy:

25369019728_8256c310e9_b.jpg

Jokes aside: Things haven't been completely dead, and i do have a set of these to go on next year. Just need to decide on some rubber:

25369019958_f909021695_b.jpg

And romantics that we are; my darling wife bought me one of the these for Crimbo - that i'm getting re-sprayed to suit in order to get rid of a couple of reasonable rock-dings / stone chips that have been there since i bought the car; and i do have a plan regarding a hopefully 'unique' single vent for the bonnet while that's being done.....

39234316151_5cbc264b62_b.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS CLIO FANS :drunk:

Last edited:
Hoovering the cover..only you Shuv..:wink: :tearsofjoy:

We did all have a feeling it would be partly jet-leg related! Shame to have missed you but I think I would have been in the same boat!!!

OZ's coming in black? If so, orange Speedlines next?

Reactions: sevenfourate
Firstly huge apologies to @Jimmy and @Chris. I had phone issues for 10 days or so after a broken phone and then a lost replacement sim-card that our work provider weren't overly helpful with lets say. I likely wouldn't have made the day either way so soon after holiday's and feeling jet-lagged.....and with zero chance of the Clio coming out. But that's no excuse for the ignorance of zero reply to a text message. But as i had a temp phone and a temp number in all of that....i had no idea until days later guys. I hugely appreciate the thoughts and look forward to a summer meet. When is it :sunglasses:

So: did the day go well chaps ?

Anyway; Morning all :tonguewink:

First day of the hols and i thought i owed it to do 'something' to the Clio. So me being me did a little hoovering........:tearsofjoy:

25369019728_8256c310e9_b.jpg

Jokes aside: Things haven't been completely dead, and i do have a set of these to go on next year. Just need to decide on some rubber:

25369019958_f909021695_b.jpg

And romantics that we are; my darling wife bought me one of the these for Crimbo - that i'm getting re-sprayed to suit in order to get rid of a couple of reasonable rock-dings / stone chips that have been there since i bought the car; and i do have a plan regarding a single vent for the bonnet while that's being done.....

39234316151_5cbc264b62_b.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOUR AND YOURS CLIO FANS :drunk:

That's a hell of a redeeming post if ever I saw one - OZ's are just awesome on these cars, I bet you can't wait to drive it again once the season's change :smile:

Car cover looks spotless:grinning:

As said the Oz wheels look amazing on a 200. Good choice (if slightly conservative!)

Looking forward to seeing bonnet vent.

Great to see you back on the forum, Shuv, and epic update :smile: loving the cleanliness of the cover, and what an inspired choice with the new rims mate, superb!!

Thank you for the apology, although no need as far as I'm concerned. We'd figured there'd be a good reason for you not getting back to us, we just didn't want you to feel like you'd been forgotten.

It was a cracking night, a really good get together. I enjoyed seeing old faces, and new ones too. Shameful plug incoming, but this forum really does have a superb set of members at the moment (whether they attended the Xmas do or not)......can we tempt you back to the fold Shuvster?? :smile:

Great to see you back on the forum, Shuv, and epic update :smile: loving the cleanliness of the cover, and what an inspired choice with the new rims mate, superb!!

Thank you for the apology, although no need as far as I'm concerned. We'd figured there'd be a good reason for you not getting back to us, we just didn't want you to feel like you'd been forgotten.

It was a cracking night, a really good get together. I enjoyed seeing old faces, and new ones too. Shameful plug incoming, but this forum really does have a superb set of members at the moment (whether they attended the Xmas do or not)......can we tempt you back to the fold Shuvster?? :smile:

I had downloaded a few apps that worked off-line for our New York trip inc a subway app, GPS based Ulmon attraction app, a NYC guide app etc. My phone completely went down on the runway as we took off heading out. What a friggin pain that turned out to be. I couldn't believe the timing !! It then worked at times and i managed to hook up to free Wi-Fi here and there. But not needed hassle.

Upon my return; still not working and our provider (Chess Broadband....like WFT ?!) were, er.......useless. Hence i was using a phone we had here for a while and didn't get your texts.

Glad you had a great meet. Did have a quick search - but can't see any real pics from the day ?

Happy Christmas Jimmy.

I had downloaded a few apps that worked off-line for our New York trip inc a subway app, GPS based Ulmon attraction app, a NYC guide app etc. My phone completely went down on the runway as we took off heading out. What a friggin pain that turned out to be. I couldn't believe the timing !! It then worked at times and i managed to hook up to free Wi-Fi here and there. But not needed hassle.

Upon my return; still not working and our provider (Chess Broadband....like WFT ?!) were, er.......useless. Hence i was using a phone we had here for a while and didn't get your texts.

Glad you had a great meet. Did have a quick search - but can't see any real pics from the day ?

Happy Christmas Jimmy.

Thanks Shuv, the same to you my friend. Hope it's a good one with all the family.

There were only a few photos taken to be be honest, I believe they are all on the 'Xmas Meet' thread?? The 'Last Supper' one is my personal favourite :smile:

That is a ballache to have that happen to your phone, terrible timing indeed! I hope it didn't spoil anything for your trip to the big apple though. Would love to hear all about it at some point, it's a place that is on my list for the future.

I have just spent bits of the last few evenings reading this entire thread !

have to say I admire how anal you are and that you have a stunning example there !

keep up the good work pal

I have just spent bits of the last few evenings reading this entire thread !

have to say I admire how anal you are and that you have a stunning example there !

keep up the good work pal

Glad to ease the Xmas boredom :sunglasses:

Rear headrests are at the trimmers and in his 'to be done' queue. Not sure yet if i'm going fabric, all-leather, leather sides only (Both to 'match'; and using some leather i still have left-over from the front seats being trimmed) or.......(?)

**But i just need to get rid of the standard white sides that no longer match the front seats. I don't mind the belts as they go with the headlining - and i've definitely got no plans to change either of those.

36807308396_c9b328a8d4_b.jpg

Now to the bonnet. 'Most' who've done this seem to either have R35 GTR or Evo bonnet vents **[Designed to force cold air in....] cut-into the bonnet. Relatively quick, easy, cheap; and they do look good. Many go for one side only as below and placed above where the airbox would be / is.....or an induction kit now sits; as below for obvious reasons:

39403608311_1e19afcd06_b.jpg

But....i've never been a sheep and that's far to easy.

So i've made contact with and will be going to see a guy who presses / punches Louvres into the bonnet itself. Can therefore be done any shape, size, pattern you require. And he'll do it on the spot - right infront of you. Does of course mean alot more expense with his costs; and the painting afterwards; not to mention the time and effort to take the bonnet to him (300 mile round trip for me !!) and get it done.

And being Louvres (And me having a standard airbox) - these work on the opposite principle; the air-gaps in the louvres face backwards toward the windscreen, and the air rushing over them creates a mini vacuum / draw that pulls any hot air out of the engine bay. So for me would pretty much be decorative only. But a little cooler (sic), a bit more old-school and slightly different / unique to the norm which i'm a fan of in itself.

At the moment i'm feeling something small (6 or 7 slats perhaps ???) and on the drivers side only.

Here's a kit-car bonnet he's done:

38695729824_5d9f117a5d_b.jpg

A ricer's bonnet:

25533695928_878cd77e28_b.jpg

A Beetle's hood !

38525549665_a63167de01_b.jpg

A close-up of some of his work:

25533696038_6de040c385_o.jpg

And this is a trick play on the theme that's caught my eye shape-wise.............

25533695918_0172941182_b.jpg

Happy New Year Folks !

Reactions: Beany
this is brilliant..i very much like your way of thinking..they will look awesome..i cant help to ask but why are you undergoing this procedure??
its not like a 197/200 engines get too hot to need an extra cooling..nevertheless,it will look awesome..where is your guy based??

I like that you're going for a bit of originality on this Shuv, and kudos to you for having done your research on the effect it will have - never one for half-measures, as we've said before :wink:

As for the extra expense involved, well same again really, no point in doing it on the cheap when so much care has gone into everything else on the car. I hope it all goes well buddy.

this is brilliant..i very much like your way of thinking..they will look awesome..i cant help to ask but why are you undergoing this procedure??
its not like a 197/200 engines get too hot to need an extra cooling..nevertheless,it will look awesome..where is your guy based??

He’s in Crawley, Surrey Pav.

Search ‘Cool Louvres’ on Facebook or Google....

My reasoning is on my post above :smile: Decorative only; and i'm getting a / the bonnet resprayed anyway to get rid of some life-rash !

Last edited:
Reactions: Pav
Them louvres will look great. 10/10 for Clio originality:thumb:

Glad to see you’re still “at it” with the Clio Shuv. Thing of beauty...

Never been a fan of the bonnet vents like the UR above, spoke to him about it at Trax and seems a lot for not very much...

However the louvres are a different thing altogether! Almost a "stealthy" option...admire your thinking of bucking the trend Shuv.