Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Bet your neighbours love you with snow foam blasted everywhere - fair play!

I am really lucky I can clean my car in my garden behind gates, then again i'm a soft southener so you wouldnt expect anything else really.

Few small going's on this weekend.......

Firstly i applied for and got one of these last night - and popped in to my local store to collect it this morning. Incredibly simple to do online - and not much info required by Halfords to get one. And will be interesting to see what it saves me off products in the future. With a bit of bullshit its really not that hard to get - and they accept a wide-selection of trades as being 'worthy'.

Worth a try for some of you guys ???

36698291704_489a211068_b.jpg

The Halfords website blurb states:

What discounts can I get with a Halfords Trade Card?
The Halfords Trade Card gives you access to loads of great discounts, such as:
50% off Car bulbs
40% off Spark plugs
30% off Windscreen wipers
30% off Mirror glass
30% off Air, fuel, oil, and cabin filters
30% off Fixings, fuses and electrical accessories
25% off Engine Oils
25% off Additives, antifreeze, de-icer, screen wash
20% off Brake pads
20% off Hand tools
20% off Battery chargers and accessories
20% off Single Sockets
20% off Lifting & Metal Storage
20% off Car batteries
20% off Motorcycling products
15% off Car Cleaning products (excludes Karcher)
15% off Spray paints & body repair
10% off all car accessories including car mats, wheel trims, tints, alloy wheels and air fresheners

Clio-wise; a mechanic mate owed me a favour or three; has picked it up this morning to whack some of this in and sort another minor but annoying niggle. After changing pretty recently to Fuchs gearbox oil; i felt immediately afterwards the box felt occasionally notchy between 1st and 2nd for the first time ever. (Never had a synchromesh issue thankfully)... So will be interesting to see how this fares and how it feels afterwards generally:

23555351618_1e036b71fb_b.jpg
I also bought a new set of wheel-nut covers during the week to freshen up the old ones; my garage seemingly somehow manking up a couple of the old ones when my brakes recently had an overhaul....

23555352728_85350cfa32_b.jpg

And while the Clio is away - this was dropped off for me in its place. It's been a tough morning hooning this around so far. And was a most unpleasant experience trying to find a suitable spot to park in at Halfords earlier :-(

23555351238_7165dfec72_b.jpg

36698293684_dccd6254ab_b.jpg

36698293014_6f24b676c0_b.jpg

36698292274_0621381105_b.jpg

I thought it was 700 odd bhp. But apparently it's 'only' a Litchfield Stage 4 (640bhp). As stupidly ridiculous as it is though. I can't help but feel a badge colour-change would be a major upgrade :sunglasses:

Reckon he'd even notice ?

37377200432_c1363cd28b_b.jpg

:blackdiamond:

Enjoy your weekend guys.

Pm incoming re trade card!

My box was a bit notchy after changing the oil with the exact same stuff but give it time, it's worked wonders and got rid of my constant 3rd gear crunch, but it has left it stiffer when cold, a worthy trade off in my opinion.

I actually laughed hard when I saw that spray can, and half praying to see a follow up pic! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: sevenfourate
Awesome post Shuv :smile::smile:

Nice work on getting the trade card, there's some tasty discounts in that list!

I can vouch for the MTL, I had it in mine when I had the oil changed after I'd bought the car. Being new to the Renault RS 'box I didn't have anything to compare the MTL with, however I was very happy with it. Changed it to Elf OEM next time around, but tbh never noticed any change either way....

Just a shame that you had to put up with an ugly Nissan rep-mobile while Blue Thunder was getting some TLC :wink:

WTF did he give you the GTR for:grinning:!
That's either the best mate ever or your picking up soap off the shower floor for him!!
Stunning car. So muscular.
Give @///M that spray can and let him loose on the car:wink:

Enjoy your weekend he says lol
Try enjoying yours too bud

Man dont rub it in! What an epic machine! One day I'm going to take you up on that offer!!!

Can you imagine if you'd have dropped that can next to the car lol!!

Not a bad courtesy car seeing as yours is away for a period of time! Sure the black badge would easily get that extra 40bhp it’s missing, he’d definitely appreciate it!

I’m sure you’ll inform us how the gearbox performs after, I sometimes feel my gear shifts between 1st and 2nd are notchy, and ‘snapping’ into 2nd rather than a smooth transition if that makes sense!

Guessing you’ll be taking plenty of orders from here with that trade card now :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad courtesy car seeing as yours is away for a period of time! Sure the black badge would easily get that extra 40bhp it’s missing, he’d definitely appreciate it!

I’m sure you’ll inform us how the gearbox performs after, I sometimes feel my gear shifts between 1st and 2nd are notchy, and ‘snapping’ into 2nd rather than a smooth transition if that makes sense!

Guessing you’ll be taking plenty of orders from here with that trade card now :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross - Sounds 'similar' to mine perhaps. Funny though.....i've never felt that with the ELF oil previously, and have never had a single synchromesh crunch up or down the box ever. Touch-wood; i think this gearbox is pretty damned good as it goes. Just not 100% with that particular change and this particular oil.

Will give it a week and see how it goes......

Reactions: RossWoods93
I meant to ask, Shuv: what's your verdict on the wheel but covers? I got some last year, but wasn't impressed. They looked 'ok', but not as good as I'd hoped. Have you got them for the aesthetics, or to protect the nuts?

I meant to ask, Shuv: what's your verdict on the wheel but covers? I got some last year, but wasn't impressed. They looked 'ok', but not as good as I'd hoped. Have you got them for the aesthetics, or to protect the nuts?

Now....i'm not sure if you're genuinely interested or being your normal gentlemanly self.

But i'll of course answer regardless :smile:

I personally arent overly keen on the look / finish of the TPI bolts. So i initially got a set of Black covers to see what i thought. They've been on ever since i got my wheels powdercoated black and went on with the Black centre-caps to complete the wheel-look and get rid of the Silvery bits.

The covers are quite shallow - meaning hooking in behind them with the removal tool is a doddle and literally a 1 minute job for all 20. I say 20 because i have no locking wheel nuts. Although you can now buy sets of covers with 4 locking wheel nut covers in too - rather than having to leave those 'bare' previously.

I also 'worried' about the bolts corroding under the cap once wet. But far-far from it - i'm guessing no moisture gets in as they are fresher than if left uncovered when the covers do come off IMO.

And i think they look great. Well....'blend-in' a treat. In 16 months no-one has ever said "Your covers look shite" or "You really need TPI bolts". So i take it from that no-one has thought they stand out / look cheap / need 'upgrading'.

Thats alot of text for a few pounds worth of covers. But you did ask Jimmy !

Reactions: Jimmy
Fun upgrade there mate. Only 640? Shame for you.

What a car. Experienced one similarly powered. Utterly insane.

Good blagging on the card too. Right up my street.

Now....i'm not sure if you're genuinely interested or being your normal gentlemanly self.

But i'll of course answer regardless :smile:

I personally arent overly keen on the look / finish of the TPI bolts. So i initially got a set of Black covers to see what i thought. They've been on ever since i got my wheels powdercoated black and went on with the Black centre-caps to complete the wheel-look and get rid of the Silvery bits.

The covers are quite shallow - meaning hooking in behind them with the removal tool is a doddle and literally a 1 minute job for all 20. I say 20 because i have no locking wheel nuts. Although you can now buy sets of covers with 4 locking wheel nut covers in too - rather than having to leave those 'bare' previously.

I also 'worried' about the bolts corroding under the cap once wet. But far-far from it - i'm guessing no moisture gets in as they are fresher than if left uncovered when the covers do come off IMO.

And i think they look great. Well....'blend-in' a treat. In 16 months no-one has ever said "Your covers look shite" or "You really need TPI bolts". So i take it from that no-one has thought they stand out / look cheap / need 'upgrading'.

Thats alot of text for a few pounds worth of covers. But you did ask Jimmy !

:smile: I was genuinely interested Shuv (while also being a gentleman of course :smile: )

As I said, I was never impressed with mine and now I have taken them off I won't be putting them on again - I'm ordering some replacement bolts, as the original ones are slightly rusty, which of course is the reason I got the covers in the first place. My issue was that I wanted some covers that were a close match to the anthracite wheels (I put a photo of them in my project thread), so I went for a chrome-finish, which was the best option I could find. In hindsight, although they 'did the job' to a degree, it was never to my complete satisfaction.

So, I was surprised when I saw you'd got some, as I didn't think it was your kind of 'thing'. If that makes sense :smile:

EDIT: I also never got any negative comments about my covers, so it is just purely down to my own feelings on them :smile: