Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Cripes - you stayed around for the long-haul then buddy !

Thankyou very much. I'm just an over-thinking serial tinkerer with anal tendencies; who happens to be a petrol head :sunglasses:

So; you've had CS's previously - but never again ?

Yeah had them in my meg 250 always wanted them and found them great when going for a blast but day to day an absolute pain to get in and out of trying to watch the bolsters and there the only car seat to give me back ache, after jumping out of our fiesta st which I still think have one of the best seats fitted standard to a hot hatch they just didn't feel as good. Plus my wife suffers terribly with her back and she couldn't manage them at all, I'm finding the standard 197 seats nice and comfy!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Cripes - you stayed around for the long-haul then buddy !

Thankyou very much. I'm just an over-thinking serial KILLER with anal tendencies; who happens to be a petrol head :sunglasses:

So; you've had CS's previously - but never again ?

I should not skim read this forum, I just quickly read this while at work...I mean while on my break - it read very differently to me - sorry had to share.

Yeah had them in my meg 250 always wanted them and found them great when going for a blast but day to day an absolute pain to get in and out of trying to watch the bolsters and there the only car seat to give me back ache, after jumping out of our fiesta st which I still think have one of the best seats fitted standard to a hot hatch they just didn't feel as good. Plus my wife suffers terribly with her back and she couldn't manage them at all, I'm finding the standard 197 seats nice and comfy!

I find them the exact opposite. SO comfy for me. Long drives are no problem at all. Same for my wife. I guess we just fit with them better.

The seats in my BMW on the other hand, for a start they weigh about the same as a bus, and I can feel my back getting worse the longer I sit in them.

Congrulations for you new seats. I am not sure about cover? =)
You can always clean leather.. it is not difficult, once / year is fine..
I have had many cars with leathers and cleaning is easy compared to fabric seats.

I find them the exact opposite. SO comfy for me. Long drives are no problem at all. Same for my wife. I guess we just fit with them better.

The seats in my BMW on the other hand, for a start they weigh about the same as a bus, and I can feel my back getting worse the longer I sit in them.

I know sounds mad as everyone raves over the cs, what's madder is the best most comfortable seat I've ever owned was a set of cobra suzukas I could of drove for days in them.

I know sounds mad as everyone raves over the cs, what's madder is the best most comfortable seat I've ever owned was a set of cobra suzukas I could of drove for days in them.

They're all different seats, we're all different people I guess. One of those can please some of the people some of the time but... type situations.

I find most fixed buckets are much more comfortable than regular car seats to be honest.

Is the cover as you're a bit grubby post work??

Just don't like the idea of covering them beauties up :hearteyes:

Absolutely. I hear you.

Hard as you try, as much as you have a really good scrub-up after work and although i have overalls etc on every hands-on day; dirt transference is impossible to avoid. I did my silver belts a few weeks ago and they were pretty filthy even after all my efforts. Got no desire to let the seats go the same way !

Beauty of the Recaro cover - is it only has two (Velcro to velcro) retaining straps and two quick fitment loops. So weekends i can let my hair down and enjoy :smile:

Reactions: Chris
Days like this in Clio ownership don't happen often. So i will quickly share......

Car went in today for a 'brake service'. They felt a little soft a few weeks ago - and although they have since come back a bit (?) - i thought i'd get them checked-over, bled and lubed up pre-winter.

I had a few quid in my wallet this am, but stopped at the cash machine and got a couple of hundred out - ready for a worst case scenario and knowing how much labour can be eaten stripping, cleaning, lubing and fettling 4 brake calipers.

Dropped the car off and went to lock it - keycard not working. "Battery" i think. (And desperately hope !!!). I have to be elsewhere - so left the garage to it.

Get back tonight, my mechanic says all went great, brakes are feeling really firm, they found nothing sticking etc, checked for air in the system and all 4 calipers have been taken off and pads / sliders etc lubed up. "GREAT" i say....how much do i owe you.

£30 he says. You what....really ? i reply. Too much he says ? No - the opposite.....Are you sure - i come back with. Yup. So gave him £40 and left very pleased.

I then stop at the Motor factors up the road, ping out the keycard battery and ask for two more. Daily one fires straight into life and works faultlessly. I get home and try 2nd card. Nothing. Fire new battery in that - now also perfect.

So from what looked like it could have turned into an expensive day - turned into £42.86 and one happy bunny.

I love French cars.

****For today :french:

Days like this in Clio ownership don't happen often. So i will quickly share......

Car went in today for a 'brake service'. They felt a little soft a few weeks ago - and although they have since come back a bit (?) - i thought i'd get them checked-over, bled and lubed up pre-winter.

I had a few quid in my wallet this am, but stopped at the cash machine and got a couple of hundred out - ready for a worst case scenario and knowing how much labour can be eaten stripping, cleaning, lubing and fettling 4 brake calipers.

Dropped the car off and went to lock it - keycard not working. "Battery" i think. (And desperately hope !!!). I have to be elsewhere - so left the garage to it.

Get back tonight, my mechanic says all went great, brakes are feeling really firm, they found nothing sticking etc, checked for air in the system and all 4 calipers have been taken off and pads / sliders etc lubed up. "GREAT" i say....how much do i owe you.

£30 he says. You what....really ? i reply. Too much he says ? No - the opposite.....Are you sure - i come back with. Yup. So gave him £40 and left very pleased.

I then stop at the Motor factors up the road, ping out the keycard battery and ask for two more. Daily one fires straight into life and works faultlessly. I get home and try 2nd card. Nothing. Fire new battery in that - now also perfect.

So from what looked like it could have turned into an expensive day - turned into £42.86 and one happy bunny.

I love French cars.

In the words of ice cube...today was a good day. Rare but great when these days occur had the opposite this month, boiler problem, school fees, car mot etc etc etc....roll on october...then its my little girls birthday....roll on november...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love French cars.

NICE. Love hearing positive stuff about our little cars. No reason why occasionally there shouldn't be a cheapy bill. You've spent plenty on preventative maintenance over the last year or so... now reaping the rewards:thumb:

Edit: that is mental cheap btw

well they can surprise you for sure..wish all little issues were sorted this easily and painlessly..glad all is ok and it didnt cost you a fortune...

Well to put it into perspective I got charged £325 for fitting of springs (by all accounts a near on complete front suspension rebuild), spacers, rear caliper, fixing of heat shield and MOT. I didn't think that was too bad in the current market..?

Well to put it into perspective I got charged £325 for fitting of springs (by all accounts a near on complete front suspension rebuild), spacers, rear caliper, fixing of heat shield and MOT. I didn't think that was too bad in the current market..?

I seem to remember 'my man' saying front spring fitment was a longer / harder job than he thought too !

While i do love a small French hot-hatch. I don't think the feeling is mutual sometimes :smile:

Reactions: Benno
I seem to remember 'my man' saying front spring fitment was a longer / harder job than he thought too !

While i do love a small French hot-hatch. I don't think the feeling is mutual sometimes :smile:

My mechanic's first two words to me when I picked it up - complete ballache. Love it!

Don't think he'd be willing to do a brake service for me for that price though!!!