Show me your Oulton Park roll cage

Right iv managed to pick an Oulton Park roll cage up and just wondering if anyone has fitted one on here..
Just wondering if the rear side panels can be refitted after the cage is bolted in.. Plan is to have it painted Glasier White and board the rear out flat to tidy things up once its in..
Also does anyone no how many of these cages are kicking about..
Cheers

85a3a5d5.jpg

You can refit the quarter panels, definitely. You would get a neater installation if you fully remove the rear seatbelts, not sure if that would cause a problem with the SRS system though.

You can refit the quarter panels, definitely. You would get a neater installation if you fully remove the rear seatbelts, not sure if that would cause a problem with the SRS system though.

Ok thanks.. Glad ya can get the rear panels on when it's in.. Didn't do any research on it as I saw it on eBay as it was about to end..
Think il have a trial fit next weekend...

No. That is very dangerous.

even more so with the standard seats IMO you should not run any harnesses with the recaros cs's unless they are mounded parallel with the seat entry holes

but lets not digress from OP

Harness bars should only form part of the structure of the rollcage. You could easily have a piece welded into the rear part of the cage half way down the uprights across the diagonal. If you intend to, make sure you get the correct diameter CDS. Do not use any old tube. It must be CDS.

Cheers

Also, i sold 10 of these last year after i purchased a job lot from the guy that bought a load off the original batch that were sold from Oulton park. :smile: 2 of them made their way to Europe. As have quite a few of the others. I would think there are still approx 20+ kicking around in the UK. If you paid more than £150 you were ripped off.

Last edited:
grrrrr this website annoys me! just wrote a massive paragraph and it crashed!!!! :@

Willvw if your keeping the rear panels in i wouldn't remove em before hand, u can unclip half of it to get to the bolts easily so there's no real need to remove the whole thing. and i would say there is roughly 15-20 of these cages kicking around but obviously 10 had been in someones hands for a good few years and only recently been sold on, 1 or 2 have made there way abroad aswell.. if you want any help or guidance fitting it give me a shout mate

oh and its a 2 man job!!

Harness bars should only form part of the structure of the rollcage. You could easily have a piece welded into the rear part of the cage half way down the uprights across the diagonal. If you intend to, make sure you get the correct diameter CDS. Do not use any old tube. It must be CDS.

Also, i sold 10 of these last year after i purchased a job lot from the guy that bought a load off the original batch that were sold from Oulton park. :smile: 2 of them made their way to Europe. As have quite a few of the others. I would think there are still approx 20+ kicking around in the UK. If you paid more than £150 you were ripped off.

I paid £150 for it which I thought was a bargain tbh.. To buy a decent bolt in cage of any sort you would expect to pay at least 4 or £500..

grrrrr this website annoys me! just wrote a massive paragraph and it crashed!!!! :@

Willvw if your keeping the rear panels in i wouldn't remove em before hand, u can unclip half of it to get to the bolts easily so there's no real need to remove the whole thing. and i would say there is roughly 15-20 of these cages kicking around but obviously 10 had been in someones hands for a good few years and only recently been sold on, 1 or 2 have made there way abroad aswell.. if you want any help or guidance fitting it give me a shout mate

oh and its a 2 man job!!

Ok that's a great help mate thanks..

100_1933.jpg

Looks good in white,, Is it powder coated or painted mate..

I paid £150 for it which I thought was a bargain tbh.. To buy a decent bolt in cage of any sort you would expect to pay at least 4 or £500..

Good price. Its what i sold them for when i bought the lot of old stock. Expect some people to try and profiteer out of them at some stage. Agree it is a bargain, but all they are worth 2nd hand really. They cost over £500 each for them to be made originally, but they were a bespoke service, not mass manufactured.

Right iv managed to pick an Oulton Park roll cage up and just wondering if anyone has fitted one on here..
Just wondering if the rear side panels can be refitted after the cage is bolted in.. Plan is to have it painted Glasier White and board the rear out flat to tidy things up once its in..
Cheers

85a3a5d5.jpg

k tec racing are selling rear carpet for when using roll cages.

brought it off of ebay but the person who made them was on here, il have a look later to see if i can find him