Seized Brake disc

Hi all,

Went to change my 197 discs and pads yesterday for new mintex ones. Offside one came off no problem but the nearside disc is seized on. Have applied grease/lube around the bore and inner disc but still cannot remove with a rubber mallet.

Anyone come across this and have any solution? ef5a4ecacc0e45af63c258a41f9e0448.jpg33bd991d782e82f9bd27a8e3317594cf.jpg

Hit it harder - it will come off eventually. Ideally you need a heavy lump hammer, not a rubber mallet.

I've done one once that ended up breaking into two pieces!

EDIT: Are they pictures of your actual car? I'm a bit confused why you have one red and one silver brake caliper!

We used a block of wood and a lump hammer, rotating the disk after a couple of hits in each position

Eventually it came off

You changing calipers also ????

i used a crowbar with leverage from the hub. you just need a slight bit of leverage to break the corrosion

Try wedging in some copper paste onto the disc and pad to break down the corrosion first, after a few minutes, drive the car forward and backwards, this will make it more slippery upon knocking it. Done.

With the caliper and disc retaining bolts off and given you are replacing the discs. Smack it until it comes off , you only risk damaging the disc. Use a lump hammer if you have to and hit both the front and rear of the disc.

With the caliper and disc retaining bolts off and given you are replacing the discs. Smack it until it comes off , you only risk damaging the disc. Use a lump hammer if you have to and hit both the front and rear of the disc.

do this!!!!

rubber mallet be there all year :chair:

What torx size are the bolts to get discs off? Just so I can get the tools ready to change!

Be careful with them, i had to drill one of mine out as they are soft - use plenty of lubricating fluid and hit the socket into position with a few light hammer taps.