SeanTheSheep's Deep Black 200

Right then.................here goes.
Found this little gem advertised for sale back in Feb of last year (Private Seller)
Everything was standard just how it left the factory, bodywork in real good condition rims had a few minor scuffs nothing major decent mileage for the plate and the interior was spot on, Previous owner had taken real good care of her.
Few pics from the ad

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

Had a good mate of mine drive me to Oxford to view the car and take her for a spin.
Within a couple of minutes of getting behind the wheel I had made my mind up that this was going to be mine lol. If I'm completely honest I had decided I was going to make the purchase before I took the trip to veiw it, getting behind the wheel sealed the deal for me in minutes .
Was able to settle on a price that both the PO and myself were happy with so shook hands there and then, job done. Masive grins all round happy days!!!!
So from arriving at the sellers address I was driving my new wheels back home no more than an hour and half later.

The drive back home from Oxford to South Wales was EPIC!! The 200 was fun enough but I had a mate in his 3 litre twin turbo Beamer to play with up until the Severn Bridge
Beyond that I was by myself so I opted to take the older bridge back so I could take the Wye Valley road from Chepstow to Monmouth (A466) it's an awesome stretch of road! Fast winding sweeping corners for miles, this is where the 200 really came into its element and I was able to get a real feel for the car and what it's made of.

Sneak peek of the car

Pictures from a few months back

IMG_0359.JPG

I may have had a few things done here and there

IMG_0362.JPG

Think that's a good start for now.

Attachments

• IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    280.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0358.JPG
    IMG_0358.JPG
    649.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Reactions: ///M and Sean197
glad you have been enjoying the car so much..also lovely roads around yours..we did Brecon Breacon a few times and I know how fantastic roads you have down there...

Last edited:
Reactions: SeanTheSheep
After having my new wheels for a few weeks getting use to the ins and outs of the car thought I'd treat her to a few little gifts as I'd probably clocked up close to 1000 miles from when I first got her back to my neck of the woods, so only fair really lol :smile:

I was going out driving at every opportunity and excuse possible, for example if my GF would ask if I would pop out to get milk bread etc I would jump at the chance to hop in my new motor and go for a spin :wink:
But when I then returned an hour or more later with out the requested item she wasn't best pleased, and soon clocked on.

First things first, a steering wheel insert nice little tweak to the interior

IMG_0348.JPG

Along with the steering wheel insert I ordered some wind deflectors as I really like the look they give

Decided to get rid of the amber indicator bulbs and swap them out for some chrome bulbs as they give a much crisper/cleaner look IMO.

Front

IMG_0381.JPG

And Rear

IMG_0382.JPG

Apologies for the low quality pics I'm still rocking an iPhone 4.

Going to have to sort through my photos and take some more pics to keep this moving (hopefully in better light and of better quality!) so I'll get on that as soon as I can and cotinue the updates, so unfortunately for now "that's all folks".

Attachments

• IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Reactions: ///M
Nice little upgrades/mods - subtle but effective! The silver indicator bulbs are such a worthwhile change, especially on DB imo!

Silver bulbs really tidy up the front and rear of the car, I absolutely hate the fried egg look!

Wind deflectors look great on our cars, but on a black one it looks soooo much better! :smiley:

A friend of mine kept telling me how he thought getting the blade of the bumper sprayed red would look the bees knees and set it apart from other DB 200's, I totally agreed with him and really liked the idea!
So the plan was to get the bumper sprayed red to match the brembo's and at the same time when the car was in the body shop to have a spoiler painted and fitted to kill two birds with one stone :wink:

At first I couldn't decide on which spoiler to go with and kept going to and from the cup spoiler and the sprint spoiler, like the look of both on the Clio but in the end I went for the sprint spoiler as I prefer it's more subtle look over the cup, Ordered one from KTR and then booked the car in at the garage as soon as the spoiler came in.

Car was then left at the garage for two days to have work carried out, prep, paint fitting and what not while she was in I asked them to remove the C L I O badge for me as well, all of which IMO cleans the back end up nicely and looks so much better!!

Here come the pics :smile:

IMG_0455.JPG

You'll have to excuse that numpty in the reflection taking pictures of my car don't know where he came from?

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

So that's the back end looking a lot cleaner/smarter with her new spoiler and no C L I O badge

Here's the outcome of the front end

IMG_0439.JPG

IMG_0443.JPG

IMG_0445.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

Absolutely love how this came out :smile: colour match and finish was spot on! Couldnt be happier with the results and the overall appearance of how its now looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
HUGE improvements !!! Both look great. Real fan of the more 'subtle' types of spoilers on these; and i admit i was 'nervous' when i read RED BLADE.....

But it looks the bollocks [Excuse my French]. Your friend has vision and you have big-balls :smile:

GREAT work............

Reactions: Pav
After the "cosmetics" I had done to get the motor looking how I wanted it I started looking towards performance upgrades, so the first thing to go was the air filter which I replaced with a ITG performance filter and to aid that I also swapped out the standard air pipes for some JSPerformance induction hoses, all of which helped her breath more freely with smoother air intake.
Thumbs up to both items, nothing major but made a noticeable difference :smile: great little tweaks over the standard parts.

IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

Obviously I went with red induction hoses to carry on the black/red theme that iv got going on.

Attachments

• IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0434.JPG
    412.7 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Micah and Pav
Had my pride and joy pencilled in on the calendar to undergo a single stage detail (paint correction) package today with a local mobile detailer, 10 hours were spent on the motor today and he's back tomorrow to continue and finish up.

The list below shows what was covered in the package I decided to go with.

-Alloy wheels cleaned (face/inside barrel)
-Wheel arches cleaned
-All vehicle shuts cleaned
-Snow foam
-Contact wash (two bucket method)
-Metallic iron fillings treated and removed
-Tar deposits treated and removed
-Clay bar (tree sap and paint over spray removed)
-Vehicle dried-plush towel,machine dry
-All trim dressed
-Glass treated
-Tyres dressed
-Exhaust tips polished
-Single stage machine polish (rupes machine polishing system)
-Vehicle wiped down (isopropyl alcohol)
-Swissvax wax
-Alloy wheel sealant applied

Pictures to follow tomorrow after all is done :smile:

Had my pride and joy pencilled in on the calendar to undergo a single stage detail (paint correction) package today with a local mobile detailer, 10 hours were spent on the motor today and he's back tomorrow to continue and finish up.

The list below shows what was covered in the package I decided to go with.

-Alloy wheels cleaned (face/inside barrel)
-Wheel arches cleaned
-All vehicle shuts cleaned
-Snow foam
-Contact wash (two bucket method)
-Metallic iron fillings treated and removed
-Tar deposits treated and removed
-Clay bar (tree sap and paint over spray removed)
-Vehicle dried-plush towel,machine dry
-All trim dressed
-Glass treated
-Tyres dressed
-Exhaust tips polished
-Single stage machine polish (rupes machine polishing system)
-Vehicle wiped down (isopropyl alcohol)
-Swissvax wax
-Alloy wheel sealant applied

Pictures to follow tomorrow after all is done :smile:
Looking forward to some pics Sean!!
That’s some list. Swissvax not cheap either!

Also looking forward to seeing this, especially as it’s black. Hopefully won’t make me miss my 200 though :wink: