scorpion exhaust

Andy (Auld Scots member) had one on his 197. Wasn't the best quality tbh. It liked to hit the diffuser etc.

just wondererd spoke to a bloke at dyno tech and he vouched for them but ther local to him , said he used to use miltek but said scorpion to me said he fitted a ktr one and said it was a bad fit kept banging and took alot of adjusting , thought i'd ask been pricing cat back and remap up

yeh looked at that but the one on the tdf website isnt same as the one on the scorpion website for the 197 , but i was told that they do make the tdf one

We have an oversized (from standard) Scorpion centre section on our Abarth 500. Fair enough its just one bit of pipe but the flexi and bends are spot on also they welded on a reducer so it fits the standard back box.

personally think any exhaust that isn't fitted right is going to knock tbh...

had issues with my full ktec system for a while but after a fair few alterations it seems ok now,it comes in 3 pieces so there is a fair bit of adjustment to be had,you need to set it right then run it as it will move in its heat cycle then do it again if needs be

make sure there is a GOOD fingers gap between the top of the exhaust tip and the diffusser or you will melt the diffusser...

In my opinion 197 exhaust is too loud even in factory trim. Why add some loud aftermarket exhausts?...

most after market exhausts if not all for the 197/200 come in three sections, if fitted incorrectly will knock, my ktec didnt come in the best of conditions, but the garage i used fitted it and not had one knock since it was fitted two years ago, and still sounding good when i heard go past the other week

my ktec is being adjusted in a couple of weeks and its still banging around, been on for a few months now too lol. Oh........and yeah ive melted my diffuser :worried:

The original K-Tec system with one rear silencer, made by Magnex (not now available from them but available from other places) comes in two pieces and also has its own mounts that replace the standard hangars. These mounts are proper industrial, mine has never moved in two years. I even took the centre section off a few weeks back to make my own up and I re-used the mount because we couldn't find a way to improve it.

For the money they cost, all of the systems for these cars should fit perfectly.

Last edited:
The original K-Tec system with one rear silencer, made by Magnex (not now available from them but available from other places) comes in two pieces and also has its own mounts that replace the standard hangars. These mounts are proper industrial, mine has never moved in two years. I even took the centre section off a few weeks back to make my own up and I re-used the mount because we couldn't find a way to improve it.

ohh how very true :thumbup: