Satnav's, whats good these days

after a new satnav, havent bought one for a good many years now since i was last out on the road for work, but those days are long gone.
my old one was a Tom Tom XL Europe, bought about 5/6 years ago, would have still be perfect now, but it just died one day
smiley6.gif

for me, its basic needs are for europe, ease and clear of understanding/route programing, incase the misses does ever need to use it.

i dont want to spend a fortune due to its predicted limited use, so maybe up to £200.

What can you recommend?

Cheers
smiley1.gif

Started with a Tom Tom One, But it stated to not connect to Satellites,down loaded the patch a couple of times
Then last year got a Garmin nuvi 2455LT from halfords £119,
Garmin has Traffic Cameras for life free, had to pay on the Garmin after1 year.
Garmin has Europe & Traffic.
Its a cheap one so only a bit slow some times with a screen refresh.
Think the mapping may be a bit different to the Tom Tom and if i had to i would say the Tom Tom maps where a small bit better.
Garmin also stays stuck to the screen better, Tom Tom did fly off a few times.

Tomtom app on iPhone works great and the best bit in two years I have had 3 phones and it just downloads via cloud :smiley:

I second the Tomtom iphone app, I have it on a iphone 4 and use it will the Tomtom cradle with enhanced GPS, so it is really accurate. I use the traffic updates and it works really well. What's more once you buy it, you get free updates, so you don't need to buy new maps every 6 months. It has everything a Tomtom has on it, so looks and works exactly the same as a dedicated Tomtom unit.

If you have an iPhone, download the app 'Waze'. Best sat nav I've used + its free.. I use it for work all the time (driving for a living), connects with facebook too.