Samsung ES8000 Smart TV

So not to long back I treated myself to a new Samsung Smart TV,

There was a few TVs I was looking at but tbh ive always had a thing for anything samsung and after reading the review took the plunge to the latest series 8 range and went for a 46"

FCE06BA3-CAEF-490D-9494-829BA24A3FBE-1785-0000023018B8EA1C.jpg

583408C7-5076-4FD9-BEC2-9010DD85D96E-1785-000002302273BEF4.jpg

32045477-E737-41F4-AD82-7E91A88B8CE0-1785-0000023028A5AAE7.jpg

Personally I think the TV is quality although I have read that some owners moan about all sorts

Picture Quality- By far one of the best, the HD channels look ammence captures every last detail although it isn't very forgiving with standard channels but that's a small price to pay, Blueray and streaming Full HD off Apple TV again looks quality :smile:

Voice and Motion Control- the voice control works very well and can pretty much control the whole TV through using it great when the remote goes missing and when your browsing through the smart hub and apps. One slightly strange thing that I worked out was the voice list kept popping up from time to time by itself? Now you have to say "Hi TV" for this to happen so I was confused I then realised is was just when I was watching the news on ITV, the TV picks up ITV as Hi TV when any news report says it lol! The Motion control is my only downside to the TV it doesn't work great and miss reads at times although playing angry birds it seems to have it nailed, I have read though that there is a update coming for this so fingers crossed it gets better.

Audio- the standard speakers in the TV sound quite decent but I use a Bose SOLO One system which the works so well with TV and with the Samsungsmart have a Optical input it cleans the sound up and sound abosolute quality.

Smart Hub, Apps and Internet- The Smart Hub is nice and easy to work and has some decent content most of the catch up like BBC iplayer, ITV player etc and the smasung apps store has some decent apps too but could do with a update of content again which I've heard is coming but still there's some nice games and the most used stuff like Facebook Twitter etc! The Internet works great although the biggest lack is there's no keyboard with the TV grrrr alls you get a a smart remote which isn't that bad to use but still isn't great, keyboards are avalible but are £75 which is a rip off I managed to get one off eBay for a lot better price and now the internets effortless :smile:

3D - This depends, I knew before buying samsungsmart 3D picture doesn't stack up against someone like LG but on this TV it's a lot better than previous, I've streamed a few 3D movies though Apple TV and they look great, the TV also includes 2 pairs of Active Glasses which are quite comfy to wear. Turn standard TV to 3D though is still quite poor where other manufacturs seem to have done better with this, all in all though the 3D is good quality.

Design- The best I think this is the nicest looking TV out there virtually frameless and there's no weight to it at all build quality is next to none.

Overall I'm very happy, with a few updates and tweaks the ES8000 would be 100% for the price you pay but still a smashing TV and I would personally recommend. Nice one samsung :wink: 9/10

Last edited:
Samsung TV's are quality.
there are only a few companies that actually make panels samsung being one.