rupe30's Clio 197

Here are the professional pics from Bedford, there were quite a few to choose from. Some pretty cool ones...

EN9I1015.jpg
EN9I1016.jpg EN9I1138.jpg EN9I1142.jpg EN9I1768.jpg View attachment 117410

Won't let me upload anymore :worried:

Attachments

• IJ6A3765.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IJ6A4549.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IJ6A4737.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IJ6A4888.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IJ6A5307.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
hopefully a remap can increase the torque to help with this.

The throttle response is just lazy! The Sprint booster is well worth the money. Obviously it would be better to achieve a better throttle response mechanically i.e remap and lightened flywheel perhaps, but as an easy and relatively cheap mod to do it definitely makes the car more enjoyable. It's essentially a sport button. I turn it off now and again to remind myself what the car is like without it and it feels like my car has turned into a transit van. Makes heal-and-toe a piece of cake too.

i wouldnt put my hopes too high about this..you wont see a massive improvement in torque department im afraid..the car will defo drive better..mine did..had a flat spot bigger than anything and the remap sorted it well..i too loved my SB..like a magic button

awesome pics..like looking at my car:thumb:

Last edited:
Big fan of the sprintbooster here also, really does give you that instant throttle response! Just be aware that the plugs on them are not perfect, it stuck mine into limp mode a few times when the plug had come out ever so slightly and lit up the dash. Simply stopped and made sure the plug was in properly and away it went, but its worth checking its secure every now and again to avoid that! :thumb:

Good to know about the SB, if it improves driveability after fitting all the better. I was all about power on my last car and it made it go like poo unless you were caining it everywhere. Easy to install?

Pics look good, like a few of them!

Good to know about the SB, if it improves driveability after fitting all the better. I was all about power on my last car and it made it go like poo unless you were caining it everywhere. Easy to install?

Pics look good, like a few of them!

Yeah there is a guide, a bit fiddly as its tight but easy enough!

I highly recommend the lightweight crank pulley from Raptor on here, that was very noticeable on throttle response.
Echo the comments about your pics you jammy bastard! [emoji16]

i wouldnt put my hopes too high about this..you wont see a massive improvement in torque department im afraid..the car will defo drive better..mine did..had a flat spot bigger than anything and the remap sorted it well..i too loved my SB..like a magic button

awesome pics..like looking at my car:thumb:

Oh yeah just looked at dyno graphs after remap and still seems to be a bit of a lack of torque between 3k and 5k. Still, worth it just to get rid of the flat spot.

I highly recommend the lightweight crank pulley from Raptor on here, that was very noticeable on throttle response.

Yeah I'll probs go that route at some point. You've gotta put the time in to get the pics! I only stopped for lunch and to re-fuel! Was hoping to get some passenger rides in, can I carry your offer over to the next track day @Micah?! Also keen to experience a meg'd Clio ahem @Big Ben, @Pav... :smile:

Reactions: Pav and Big Ben
Oh yeah just looked at dyno graphs after remap and still seems to be a bit of a lack of torque between 3k and 5k. Still, worth it just to get rid of the flat spot.

Yeah I'll probs go that route at some point. You've gotta put the time in to get the pics! I only stopped for lunch and to re-fuel! Was hoping to get some passenger rides in, can I carry your offer over to the next track day @Micah?! Also keen to experience a meg'd Clio ahem @Big Ben, @Pav... :smile:

Yeah, totally. I found it more fun taking people out than driving on my own and really want to give people a chance to see what the Mk4 is about.

I've got one fitted and cant fault it. Didnt notice any extra vibrations at all and made a noticeable difference to revving, Im guessing in the same way that removing aircon would. Its something you notice across the rev range aswell. I'm tempted to look at a lightened flywheel next year. Rentune are doing them and as I have a noisy release bearing and it struggles with gears when cold I suspect everything is on its way out. Anyone know the pro's and con's of fitting one?

I've got one fitted and cant fault it. Didnt notice any extra vibrations at all and made a noticeable difference to revving, Im guessing in the same way that removing aircon would. Its something you notice across the rev range aswell. I'm tempted to look at a lightened flywheel next year. Rentune are doing them and as I have a noisy release bearing and it struggles with gears when cold I suspect everything is on its way out. Anyone know the pro's and con's of fitting one?

Cool, I might go for that then. I've just started noticing my release bearing is a touch noisy too, my cars only done 29k so maybe they're just a bit noisy or am I being too hopeful?!

Cool, I might go for that then. I've just started noticing my release bearing is a touch noisy too, my cars only done 29k so maybe they're just a bit noisy or am I being too hopeful?!

They might be, depends how its been driven, not sure. Mines been noisy since I bought it but definitely getting worse, but it is on 114k. When my old Beamer clutch and flywheel was changed it glided through gears, before that it was harder to get into gear from cold so my logic is the knackered flywheel is the problem.