rupe30's Clio 197

Hey all,

Thought I'd put a little progress blog together as I'm back in a Renaultsport and who knows where it'll go...

I joined the forum 8 years ago when I had this 197 cup:

P1060039.JPG

Ran that for a few years, really enjoyed it.

Recently picked up this Albi Blue 197 from @bboy197 who has owned it from new. He's taken great care of it, looks ace.

IMG_2231.JPG
IMG_2232.JPG

Current Spec:

H&r coilovers
Ktec pro performance exhaust
O.z ultra 17" alloys
Hel braided brake lines
Ktec panel filter
Sprint booster

Since owning the car i've added:
Set of AD08r Tyres
DS2500 Pads
Lowered drivers seat mount from @Flacsi

Next on the list is:
Adjustable top mounts
Remap

I am using this as a daily at the moment so cant go too track heavy with the mods. Planning on tracking it as much as i can though. I'll be at Bedford on the 4th Nov and hoping to join onto the Spa trip in April.

Oh and finally.. :blackdiamond:

Last edited:
Lovely car, and looking forward to meeting you (and the rest of the forum family) on Saturday :smile:

Lovely car, and looking forward to meeting you (and the rest of the forum family) on Saturday :smile:

Thanks, yep me too, just hoping the rain holds off :/

Welcome back. Nice car. Toyed with buying that myself. Super low mileage too.

Thanks. Yeah really low, main selling point along with the fact it's always been run on premium fuel and never been through a car wash!

Lovely car. Can’t beat an Albi...
Will come and say hello on Saturday and try convince you why black diamonds look wrong:grinning:

Ha! My old cup was Silver diamond so I've tried that life! Black trim was all on when I bought this car. I think it suits the black wheels, but I may change back at some point. I'm more into the driving than the badge colours!

Welcome back to the forum and 197 ownership! The new one looks a beaut, as does the old white one. Hope you have fun at Bedford at the weekend!

Reactions: rupe30
Super looking car that. Fabulous spec so far too. So good you've started a thread !
Have some safe fun at Bedford..... :smile:

Spot on mate! Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow, have requested for you to have a garage next door too so hopefully we will all be together! :thumb:

Bedford Autodrome GT 04.11.17

Great Track-Day at the weekend, good to meet so many members and their unique and awesome motors.

Really pleased with how my car performed. It's setup for the dry, couldn't get temps up in the rear tyres in the wet so was very sketchy in the morning.

Luckily the track dried up in the afternoon and the Clio completely transformed as the tyres got up to temperature. DS2500 pads performed well, no brake fade at all, I'm tempted to go to DS1.11's for a little more bite but they'll do for now. Change of direction was also impressive but it could do with a little more turn-in so adjustable top mounts are next on the shopping list. ADO8r's are immense. Really enjoyable track, will definitely be back.

Gutted I didn't get any footage as I had some great battles with a few MX-5s, M3s, Type-Rs and of course my brother in his 106 trying to remind me who's boss. He was a lot quicker in the morning as he had a wet setup, but as the track dried we had a great 2 laps where he was stuck to my rear bumper but as my tyres got warmer and his started to over-heat I was able to just pull away. Easily the most fun 2 laps of the day - was having to give it everything to keep him behind me! Picture below sums it up nicely!

197bedford.jpg

Certainly looking forward to the next track day, may be able to get one in before xmas - a late booking if weathers looking good perhaps.. so anyone booking one give me a shout!

Awesome update car looks fantastic in the photos at the beginning of the thread too! Good to see so many of the cars getting used properly on track now, seems to be a little more of track focused shift going on recently on here.
If you're looking for top mounts I've been supplying to forum members on here with discounted Compbrake top mounts for 12 months now. I've also got a brand new design coming out in the coming weeks which will give more camber adjustment than the previous design with a little bit of development. Any questions let me know.

glad to hear yet another good feedback on last Saturday..we all enjoyed it very much and i believe it was even better so many of us there from the forum..I enjoyed watching you..as i mentioned earlier in the other thread,you were very fast..the car looked superb..
and the tires didnt disappoint,did they??

Last edited:
Awesome update car looks fantastic in the photos at the beginning of the thread too! Good to see so many of the cars getting used properly on track now, seems to be a little more of track focused shift going on recently on here.
If you're looking for top mounts I've been supplying to forum members on here with discounted Compbrake top mounts for 12 months now. I've also got a brand new design coming out in the coming weeks which will give more camber adjustment than the previous design with a little bit of development. Any questions let me know.

Yeah it's nice to see so many interested in track days. Sounds good, I'll keep an eye on your progress, I'll be after a set in the new year.

glad to hear yet another good feedback on last Saturday..we all enjoyed it very much and i believe it was even better so many of us there from the forum..I enjoyed watching you..as i mentioned earlier in the other thread,you were very fast..the car looked superb..
and the tires didnt disappoint,did they??

Good to meet you Pav, fair play for coming so far, I think we all owe you a track day up North.. If Manchester can be classed as 'up North'?! Thanks, I like to push the car hard - it's what they're made for!

Reactions: tombate911
Thanks..had a great time..nice meeting you too...it was a good drive in the morning but the way back was very boring!!
Anytime mate...would like to race you too..

Lovely looking motor! Wish my paintwork was that good, only way I can wash the car is through an automated wash unfortunately. Remap on the cards?

Been toying with the idea of a Sprintbooster as well, the throttle response is weirdly laggy on these, especially partial or little throttle.

Lovely looking motor! Wish my paintwork was that good, only way I can wash the car is through an automated wash unfortunately. Remap on the cards?

Been toying with the idea of a Sprintbooster as well, the throttle response is weirdly laggy on these, especially partial or little throttle.

Thanks @Doogle. Yes remap deffo on the cards, I've a horrible flat spot at 2600rpm and i noticed at Bedford the power delivery was a little hesitant in 3rd gear coming out of corners, hopefully a remap can increase the torque to help with this.

The throttle response is just lazy! The Sprint booster is well worth the money. Obviously it would be better to achieve a better throttle response mechanically i.e remap and lightened flywheel perhaps, but as an easy and relatively cheap mod to do it definitely makes the car more enjoyable. It's essentially a sport button. I turn it off now and again to remind myself what the car is like without it and it feels like my car has turned into a transit van. Makes heal-and-toe a piece of cake too.

Reactions: Doogle