RSPez Storm Grey 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
come on Pez,no more teasers..give us some proper meat to chew on :thumb:

Last edited:
Oh Lordy! Look at those calipers!

come on Pez,no more teasers..give us some proper meat to chew on :thumb:

What a great colour on the calipers! Looking forward to seeing more!

...waits... time passes...

:smiley:

It may be at least another week till I can fit them unless the brake fluid arrives tomorrow.

Looks like a really cool blue, what colour is it? Nice

The colour is cobalt blue I don't think there is another Clio that has this colour for callipers. Id expect it would work with a black and white Clio well too.

Thanks for the kind words.

Pez

Last edited:
Reactions: ///M and Jimmy
Really looking forward to seeing these go on. I think they're going to look pretty damn good on your car.

What colour logo?

Really looking forward to seeing these go on. I think they're going to look pretty damn good on your car.

What colour logo?

Cheers.
Logo is white.
I think a black one would have got lost in the blue.
Well unfortunately the brake fluid hasn't arrived as I ordered it a little late this week so I doubt it will be before next weekend till I can get them on.

Iv gone with DS2500/Brembo HC discs up front.
And normal discs and pads for the rear.
Motul 600 brake fluid.
Mr pink pins.

Also with the disc and wheel bearing being one unit is there anything else I may need that could do with being replaced?

As I'm being a slow coach here's a better picture. The rears are the same blue part from they don't have a decal.

106D575A-C8F8-4A12-9E1A-10F68F06AABA_zpslbm8lzhz.gif

Pez

Last edited:
Cheers.
Logo is white.
I think a black one would have got lost in the blue.
Well unfortunately the brake fluid hasn't arrived as I ordered it a little late this week so I doubt it will be before next weekend till I can get them on.

Iv gone with DS2500/Brembo HC discs up front.
And normal discs and pads for the rear.
Motul 600 brake fluid.
Mr pink pins.

Would people suggest that if I was going to put a stub axle spacer on to do it now while I'm going to have everything apart?

Also with the disc and wheel bearing being one unit is there anything else I may need that could do with being replaced?

As I'm being a slow coach here's a better picture. The rears are the same blue part from they don't have a decal.

106D575A-C8F8-4A12-9E1A-10F68F06AABA_zpslbm8lzhz.gif

Pez
Work of art mate. Would look great on mine :smile:

Reactions: RSPez
Thanks for the comments chaps. I really really can not wait to get them on now.

Pez

Last edited:
Reactions: ///M
Update. Please no TLDR

So last Monday I fitted the callipers, discs, pads and bled the new fluid though.

F4F10D79-E7E1-43D0-9138-43D5B0BBF9D0_zps4m7jomkl.gif

B1A36248-8B8D-4296-8207-BBE320CBC63F_zpsty4yjucq.gif

I masked up the the new discs and sprayed the hub part with a bit of advice from shuv.
Unfortunately they are more grey than black so I was a bit disappointed.
I also didn't think about getting the calliper carrier painted so it's half black and have blue. It needs rubbing down and painting with black hammerite. It doesn't look to bad to be fair.

As for the brakes I wasn't impressed at all the following week there was still a lot of travel in the pedal so I went back on Saturday and Rebled them.
All I can say is my god there decent.
Finally I trust that they will stop me and it feels like I have unlocked a new car!
Really impressed how well the pads work from cold as well.
In a way I'm pleased they didn't work so well over the first week as its aloud the discs and pads to mate nicely.

The old discs and pads were proper knackered.

A few pics.

94F7C3A6-52E5-4CF1-B59D-7CF3F19B5D07_zpse3ao3skz.gif

20915323-1EC3-4B9A-9089-3C6A3774F82A_zpswn7ijk2d.gif

61EC8F48-9900-44C0-8711-70A43C98C60E_zpsyzb2cxxz.gif

Now the bit you guys are going to get naggy about. I don't have any pictures of them on the car. Why because it's really dirty and I havnt had chance to wash it. So your going to have to wait.

The colour works really well with the cars paint, it's pretty subtle when you look at it but in the sun they really really pop.

"Flaky P Yo"

Pez

Last edited:
Gave the car a quick wash today.

Rinse
Snow foam
2 bucket wash with wool mit.
Rinse and towel off.
I ran out of tyre dress so that's letting it down.

It needs a good day session on it with a full claying and polishing.

The callipers don't really show there true colour untill in the sun but I'm really happy with them.
I also need to revisit and paint a bit more of the rear disc hub as Iv not covered it all and have a tiny ring of rust there.
Enjoy.

66138B03-30FB-4728-985E-FAF540738C72_zpsge3kbcrk.gif

891E092A-4526-4D25-84D4-DDFEA1066EF4_zpsasodysmd.gif

0D13BA87-DCC4-45A9-AA69-5FBA0AD1A5F8_zpslf6dy8ep.gif

Pez

Last edited:
New caliper colour goes really well with the Grey. Great choice and love it !

I had exactly the same 'issue' with mine ref: Needed bleeding twice - to get the pedal feeling firm and upto scratch.

Enjoy the new set-up. Great set of stoppers :smile:

Thanks alot @Pav @sevenfourate

Yeah they are great. I think I may bleed them again in a few weeks once they have settled again but yeah there brilliant they are just starting to bite a quater pedal and I'm not use to them yet but getting there.
I feel a lot more confident with the car now.

Next thing is to get this engine light off.
Iv done what was said earlier in the thread and replaced the acoustic valve sensor but that's not sorted it.

Pez

Status
Not open for further replies.