200: RS Tuning Remap Results

200FF

Paid Member
I know the tuning of Clio 197 and 200's is approached with a healthy dose of scepticism on here, with many believing it is a complete waste of time and money. Which is why I wanted to post my results from RS Tuning this morning and mention how it has transformed the driving experience both when driving normally around town and driving more quickly down country roads.

Firstly the not insignificant list of engine modifications:

Toyo Sport Exhaust Manifold
Sports Cat
Scorpion Catback Exhaust
Ported and matches inlet manifold and throttle body.
Jetex panel filter in the standard airbox

It's worth pointing out that I have only fitted the polished inlet manifold and panel filter myself. The others were pre-existing modifications fitted before I bought the car so I did avoid around £1000 of modifications.

Part of the motivation behind the remap was the fact that the car wasn't running very well with all the modifications on the standard map. Extra power was a bonus but drivability was the real goal. The very first run the car produced 181.2 bhp but the peak figure didn't tell the whole story. There was a very poor curve leading up to that figure and not a lot of torque. Unfortunately I don't have the print out for that run because miraculously the second run produced 193.3 bhp and 152.4 lbft of torque and this was the read out used as the baseline.

After about 6 runs Paul had managed to extract a quite impressive 204.2 bhp and 162.6 lbft! To say I am pleased with the figures is an understatement.
The peak gains were 11 bhp and 10 lbft with a gain of 13 lbft between 5000 and 5500 rpm. Far more than I expected.

The torque can be felt everywhere on the road, particularly pottering about town and pulling away from traffic lights or out of junctions and the car now has a real top end and the sort of pull you expect from a light car with a 2.0 litre engine. To be honest it just feels like it should have from the factory and like I had expected it to feel when I bought the car.

I can only recommend Paul and RS Tuning! Very professional, friendly and clearly incredibly good at what they do!

I have hopefully attached the final print out for you all to have a look at.

Perhaps there aren't huge gains to be had in outright terms with these cars but there are huge gains to be made in terms of subjective feel and drivability which if you ask me is just as important if not more so.

Thanks for taking a look!

Attachments

• 20180910_130926.jpg
    20180910_130926.jpg
    981.1 KB · Views: 87
Looks like you had a strong engine, and/or a very well run-in engine to begin with.
To be honest your results are around the norm, give or take a few BHP. When people are dismissive of tuning the f4r it's usually meant in terms of going down the cams or itb route.

Sounds great, whats the mileage on yours? Its on my list to do but both RS Tuning and Engine Dynamics are miles and miles away (4-5 hours each way easily) The figures are not always the important bit, its nice to have more space under the curve and having more torque will help with the weight of the car and get it up to peak revs.

Paul knows his stuff..its worth every penny to take your baby to him..glad you are yet another happy customer..:thumb:

Never too far away to get to RS tuning. I travelled from Littlehampton to Leeds and back in the day to get my Megane 250 mapped recently. Back home to put my daughter to bed at 8pm too.

Well worth the trip.
(Get back quicker after a map too!

Reactions: Pav
Good results. Car wasn’t that healthy by the sounds of it so a map has solved some running issues and made more grunt. Win win