rough running

Lovell

Paid Member
Some of you may of seen my thread regarding the engine management light being on a few weeks ago, had a look under the car and found the exhaust clamp between the manifold and cat was loose, tightened this and the light went off (hooray) thought that would be the end of it but a couple of weeks later and it keeps misfiring when low in the rev range, no eml coming on just has a small spate of misfire. Car still pulls well at high revs and it happens when both cold and warm. Any ideas? i was initially thinking an injector as the emissions were high on the MOT but now am thinking a coil may be at fault. I know they run rough when cold but i've had the car over 2 years and its never been like it is now especially with the warm weather.

check easy bits...ie spark plugs - also check for water down plug holes has been an issue on some cars

thanks for the reply, plugs aren't that old but i will pull them and have a look, i think its more of a spark issue than a fueling issue as it pops and bangs ridiculous amounts to what it used to. after having a quick glance it has got 3 oe renault coils and 1 aftermarket coil so one has been changed at some point in the past. the chances are the others have done 50k, i could do with the car running perfectly with goodwood and then a ring trip in the next couple of months so ill get it looked at asap