Retrimming the interior in leather

Sean, hows the leather bolsters holding up? Did you get extra protection around that area?

I REALLY would love to do this, but damn its expensive and i have other stuff that needs my cash... :worried:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hhmmmmmmmm that is schhhwweeeeeet :001_tt1: I want that one!

Sean is that black leather or dark grey?

Last edited:
Sean's is absolutely gorgeous, but that's very expensive just to smarten up the interior imo...

Agree on having the headlining a dark colour, would look awesome!

Sean, your car looks BRILLIANT! :thumbup:

I'm thinking about doing the same thing, only with the dark red stitches and the doors & side panels in leather too. The price in Croatia is 1200EUR.

The bolster is holding up great no extra protection just done right, i'm notoriously clumsy when plonking down so the leather is slightly shiney in that area. No sign of wear at all. Touch wood i've had no problems.

The leather colour is black, I was worried it would be too dark as most plastics are dark grey but it's very similar.

What would be the best fabric for the headlining then people? Leather, Alcantara or soemthing else?

That’s a fantastic price Sean, when you think Recaros brand new are what 1k-2k and you have had all your seats done as well as the door cards and gear knob gaiter.

Still not sold of the colour im going to go with yet, think either black with red stitches to go with the steering wheel or get blue and have the wheel redone.

Decisions decisions…

And is responses to your question get the headlining done in Alcantara can be done for £120.

Let me know if you get the wheel done, it's more cost effective to buy a new one but if you want to change the colour fairplay.

Headlining for £120 is a good deal, what would you do with the beige handles? Paint or trim!

If you had the headlining done you would then need to do something with the sunvisors and the grab handles and even maybe the A,B+C pillars.

IMG_0484.jpg

S4_6.jpg

dodge_caliber_srt4_2009_interior_frontseat.jpg

just found this pic of the meg 250 with perforated leather... nice:thumbup1:

RenaultsportMegane250_5.jpg

:thumbup1: I have decided on the colour and design but I am not going to say, this can be a surprise lol

Anyway one more question, what do you think about covering most of the plastics that’s are on show in leather and alcantara ?

This might get a tad expensive but its something I will look into before I commit myself, but the wheel is not going to be done as its £160 +VAT just to do the top and bottom in alcantara.

love the perforated leather centre but only issue i have is whether it will wear bad like the steering wheel and all the holes will go out of shape.

love the perforated leather centre but only issue i have is whether it will wear bad like the steering wheel and all the holes will go out of shape.

I have perforated leather on my office chair and I spend more time sitting on that than I do in my car and it still looks brand new, had the chair for just over 20 months now.

I think the steering wheel has to be made out of a cheaper material so that’s probably why it falls to bits, but saying that mine has not done this yet.

i think the perforated leather looks the best so far, but i would deffo have the Recaro and Renault sport done in a different colour to make it stand out that bit more. :drool:

Those meg 250 seats are the same as the Clio ones just in leather! They should have done those in the clios to start with then there prob won't be the issue with them wearing out so quickly. Wonder if I can get these in place of the cloth recaros in mine? Otherwise I'd be tempted to get a retrim like seans.

What about those perforated recaros with blue stitching and blue recaro logo?

What about those perforated recaros with blue stitching and blue recaro logo?

think that would look good rocky. ^^^^