Reset A/C compressor? No power to compressor

As per my appallingly badly written title, there is no power to my a/c pump, and I am sure I read somewhere about having it reset? How is this done and is it a case of taking it to a dealer with the Ren diagnostics kit?

Essentially my climate control hasn't been getting cold at all, I took it in to the garage today where it was regassed but when that didn't improve matters the guys checked if there was power to the compressor and there wasn't.

I have checked the climate control fuse by the drivers left knee and it is fine. Should I be checking any other fuses before booking the car in to the local Renault dealer?

Any other ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

TVM!

As per my appallingly badly written title, there is no power to my a/c pump, and I am sure I read somewhere about having it reset? How is this done and is it a case of taking it to a dealer with the Ren diagnostics kit?

Essentially my climate control hasn't been getting cold at all, I took it in to the garage today where it was regassed but when that didn't improve matters the guys checked if there was power to the compressor and there wasn't.

I have checked the climate control fuse by the drivers left knee and it is fine. Should I be checking any other fuses before booking the car in to the local Renault dealer?

Any other ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

TVM!

i done all this on mine, then i got the hump it werent working and just hit it, worked ever since lol

Bet its logged a DF1070 fault code. Loads of Lagunas/Meganes and early Clios were plagued with it around 2005/07

My old 197 went in about 4 times to Renault for it. The stops the AC compressor powering as its probably logged a low pressure/high wiring resistance fault. Its done for safety, but some early 197's were plagued with problems. Mine had a new loom plug to the compressor and all sorts.

Infact just googled it, and this popped up

df1070 cold loop fault is common , when fault is present ac will not work , first thing is to regas aircon , secondly it needs an injection computer reprogram to stop this fault coming on again and stopping ac working !

they also have problems with compressor plug and pressure switch plugs corroding due to water ingress !

Last edited: