Replacement Wing Mirror Glass

Grahamjs

Paid Member
An idiot in a white Merc just clipped my wing mirror and broke the glass. He was going like a rocket and didnt stop. Had the window open so was covered in bits of glass when it shattered.
I have a 197 and the mirror is the heated one. Fortunately the body only has a scratch on it and still folds back so the motor wasnt damaged.
Have taken the mirror off and it looks as if it just clips and twists to secure it. Can I just replace the glass and any idea on costs?

For the 200 the procedure is attached "clip the door mirror glass in position" helpful eh! Took the Renault guy about 2 minutes to replace the one on mine (under warranty for rust lol). Assuming its the same procedure for the 197.

Have seen the glass on ebay for about £14 in the past.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 25
Yes, you can replace the glass on it's own. It simply clips into the mirror housing so the best way to remove it is to adjust the mirror all the way to the left/right and use your hand on the opposite side to unclip the mirror. Be careful as there will be two wires iirc for the heating element, if you have heated mirrors.

Thanks Guys.
Got a new one for £13 including postage. It just clips on, easy to do. Surprised they dont fall out more often. Didnt bother to connect up the heating element wires as one wire had snapped off behind the two motors and couldnt see how to get to it without taking it all apart.