Renaultsport Virgin!

Hi All,

Just to breifly introduce myself, My name is Sam and I recently purchased a Clio 197 before Christmas. I am from Lincoln in the East Midlands however the vehicle I purchased was original from the Kent area.

Now to my Whip :smile: Its an untouched Clio 197 cup on 09' plates. The previous owner had only done 5k miles, however the clock now suggest 8k since being in my ownership.

I have plans for my 197, including Miltek cat back, K&N Apollo induction, carbon look sills/spoiler and maybe some new brake disks if the wallet stretches! (i hope to hear your opinions on these upgrades and any recommendations)

I have done enough talking now, so I will upload some pictures. Just to note the photos have been taken on my iPhone and unfortunately I havent had many photo opportunities to get these replaced.

I hope to hear from you all soon, Sam

Attachments

• 221.jpg
    221.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 223.jpg
    223.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 227.jpg
    227.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 224.jpg
    224.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 32
Looks great Sam, a good example of a low mileage car! Im sure that you will pile the miles on now, its too much fun not to!

Welcome

Welcome to the site Sam! Nice car, am jealous of the recaros as I am of a lot of other people on here :tongueout:

With the K&N, people have had a drop in power when fitting them - there's a lot of discussion around induction set ups on here, so have a good look around for some info!

@f1team07 I know exactly what you mean, the miles soon rack up. I was volunteering to take friends up to Newcastle, just for the crack!

@mradam87 Thanks for that advice, I will definately look around then. I am more for powergains than sound, however its a nice bi-product!

hi sam welcome to the site. as far as induction kits go, steer well clear. get a good panel filter instead - ITG or ktec :wink:

hi sam welcome to the site. as far as induction kits go, steer well clear. get a good panel filter instead - ITG or ktec

Thanks for the advice, I will weigh up my options and cost's and let you know what I am thinking.

liking the lack of numbers on the number plate too!! lol

Ha-ha thanks buddy, I thought I would do the car justice and spend a bit on a plate. Plus i've got the number for life now!

Just for anyone who is interested I have a few more photos, clean, sunny and not on a camera phone.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 19
what can I say, thank you for the great welcome.

I suppose all I have left to ask is, who do I speak to about some clio197.net stickers? :smiley: